IT Digital Channels Specialist Job at NBC Bank
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania, with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate, and investment banking and wealth management products and services.
RELATED: Trainer Job at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- This is a critical role that encompasses end-to-end monitoring and reporting on system and application availability, incident, and problem management, and performing business impact analysis with respect to system availability, including the provision of MIS.
- This role offers second- and third-level support of digital technology services by ensuring: the operation, availability, maintenance, and enhancement of all digital applications, systems, and tools, including necessary hardware (H/W), software (S/W), and is an integral and reliable component of business versus technology delivery.
RELATED: Operator Packaging Job at AB InBev
ATM Operations – 20%
- Manage all ATM-related issues, compliance, and projects.
- MIS reporting on ATM technical issues and supporting infrastructure for ATMs as per regulatory standards.
- Ensure the ATM monitoring process is in place, monitoring is done, and escalation is conducted within agreed timelines.
- Manage the ATM commissioning and decommissioning processes as per regulatory requirements.
- Ensure transparency in ATM infrastructure by developing and maintaining a current database of ATM inventory, indicating location, configuration, and operational status.
- Manage ATM hardware, including sparrow switches, Software, Processes, and Procedures to support compliance with both internal and external regulatory standards.
- Responsible for ATM-related projects from planning to implementation.
- Support and Implement changes and fixes within the ATM portfolio.
- Manage and implement controls on ATM risk-related issues, e.g., fraudulent control measures.
Digital Channels Operations, Projects and Risks related to Internet banking, NBC Connect, Agency Banking and
RELATED: HSSEQ Lead Job at Alistair Group
Mobile banking: 50%
- Manage Systems Administration end-to-end.
- Manage Systems Monitoring and troubleshooting end-to-end until resolution.
- Effective escalation on faults related to systems per the escalation matrix.
- Oversee the future demand for the systems and plan accordingly.
- Extract reports as per management requests. (IT Digital Channels Specialist Job at NBC Bank)
Incidents and Problem Management – 20%
- Take ownership of all IT-related digital channel Problems.
- Classify problems, determine priority, impact, and category, and own resolution. (IT Digital Channels Specialist Job at NBC Bank)
- Stand in as a solid subject matter expert on all IT, digital, and ATM-related incidents and problems by determining and digging into the root cause.
- Coordinate error handling analysis and diagnosis of problems and own the overall action plan to closure, including recommending service improvement projects and avoiding major breakouts.
- Liaise with other external suppliers to ensure that problems are resolved as quickly as possible. IT Digital Channels Specialist Job at NBC Bank
- resolves ownership disputes, escalating where necessary.
- Ensure that known errors are correctly logged against relevant items.
- Ensure that all workarounds are fully documented and communicated.
- Ensure that solutions are implemented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Advise management on the best route to resolve issues and get a competitive advantage in digital channels by continuously improving the service and returns to the stakeholders.
RELATED: 2 Sales Coordinator Jobs at HR World
Risk Management – 10%
- Build relationships with the country’s IT Risk and Governance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls, compliance requirements, and anti-fraud strategies.
- Recommend and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations and IT and achieve audit and assurance targets (whenever required).
IT Digital Channels Specialist Job at NBC Bank
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hardware and software specifications for IT and communication systems.
- Expert-level knowledge and skills with the MS Office suite, especially MS Excel.
- Demonstrate experience and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrate the ability and experience to develop and defend business recommendations and budgetary plans.
- Understanding ATM hardware and monitoring tools is essential.
- A creative thinker who is always looking for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies while remaining open-minded.
- Adept at identifying problems, finding solutions, and correcting the situation.
- Strong communication and influence skills, and managing multiple stakeholders across geography and customer relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in digital banking.
- ITIL v3 Certification (preferred).
- Knowledge of banking and branch operations
- Understand IT service delivery within a corporate environment.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment at a junior specialist level