IT Business Partner Job at ALAF
Dar es Salaam
Your Building Solution
IT Business Partner Job Vacancy at ALAF (Dar es Salaam)
RELATED: Store Manager Job at ALAF
- Manage the company’s or business unit’s IT portfolio.
- To prepare the IT strategy in line with the business plans and preparation of the department’s annual budgets
- An ambassador between the IT Department and other business Departments with a focus on the best user experience (IT Business Partner Job at ALAF)
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments in conjunction with local business teams to determine their ERP and technology needs while also liaising with Group IT to understand the ecosystem.
- Involved in managing and coordinating various IT projects and undertaking application change request testing and product testing as requested by the group enterprise management team.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software, & manage and optimize the entire lifecycle of IT assets.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and local software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and execute the same in line with business needs.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating a cost-efficient business Unit.
- Develop and control an IT budget and report on expenditures.
- To ensure the development, integration, and deployment of information technology (IT) technologies that are designed to improve customer experience within the company
- To implement a continuous measurement, review, audit and benchmarking process to monitor the security, capacity and performance of IT and communication systems
- To develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision,
- To ensure the security of data from internal and external attacks
- To maintain data integrity and data analysis
- Network administration, hardware maintenance, software maintenance, and windows maintenance
- To ensure effective internet distribution, accessibility, bandwidth management, and central anti-virus protection
- Ensure database management and follow backup procedures, with online and offline backups and disaster recovery (IT Business Partner Job at ALAF)
- Ensure proper network connections for the Head Office and branches are available to support core systems.
- To ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades;
- Negotiate and administer supplier contracts and service agreements;
- Ensure maintenance of CCTV cameras with on-time downloads and backups of footage
- To ensure effective functioning of technical hardware, i.e. servers, computers, photocopiers, switchboards, printers and any other technical hardware purchased by the company and software packages ensuring minimum downtime;
- Manage the performance of the IT staff;
- To keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Keeping up with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Drive the Group IT strategy as well as the localized Company IT strategy in line with the group and company business plans.
- Serve as the key interface with assigned business units or functional areas for the purpose of business technology solutions, service management, risk management, and relationship management.
- Enforce IT policies and systems and localize policies where possible to support the implementation of strategies set by the Group IT team and any locally agreed policies.
- Ensure a highly efficient IT technology infrastructure, from SD-WAN networks to local networks, to edge and end-user computing devices, plant technologies, CCTV and telephony
IT Business Partner Job at ALAF
- A bachelor’s in Computer Science or a bachelor’s in business degree with a master’s in an IT-related field is an added advantage
- IT-related certifications such as CCNA, and ITIL
- Professional Registration: Registration with Computer Society of Tanzania is an added advantage (IT Business Partner Job at ALAF)
- Experience required: minimum 10 years, with at least 3 years working in manufacturing setup or related field
- At least five years in a senior role in a busy and complex IT environment
- Manufacturing Business processes and specifically SAP S4HANA ERP understanding.
- Industry: Manufacturing with an ERP-based environment
- Fluent in ERP-based integrated environments.
- Business process understanding
- Leadership ability
- Excellent in management of internal and external customers (SLA partners)
- Wide knowledge of business management and technical skills, and the capacity to harness and implement business solutions.
- Hands-on working with ERP projects and ERP systems from a maintenance perspective to a utilization perspective.
- Knowledge and experience in innovative technologies, SDWAN, Cybersecurity, IIOT, AI, etc.)
Key competencies and skills:
- Strong leadership, self-initiative & team management skills
- Strong partner & third-party management capabilities
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills from an infrastructure & application perspective.
- Negotiating skills
- Innovative thinker
IT Business Partner Job at ALAF
RELATED: Accountant Job at One Nature Hotels
- The ability to communicate politely, clearly, and effectively and persuade and/or influence internal customers at a high level, such as senior management, on matters of a technical nature.
- Results-oriented, takes the initiative mentality.
- Must possess a mindset to objectively view and effectively explain an issue or resolution from an end-user/customer/business perspective.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment with minimal guidance.
How to Apply :