3 Call Center Agent Jobs at ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access
With over 80% of Africans living without modern, affordable, safe, and reliable energy, accessing energy is crucial for us in Africa.
Call Center Agent
Requisition ID: 13871
Job Title: Call Center Agent (3 Positions)
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting line: Team Lead, Call Center
Location: National Hub, Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: 11
RELATED: 5 Job Positions at TMJ Hospital
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grid solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable installments starting at $0.19 per day, and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers, and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to affect 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
The Call Center Agent is responsible for handling customer calls (inbound and outbound) to provide information and customer support, such as remote troubleshooting of technical and service-related issues.
- To handle a high volume of inbound calls from customers with varying levels of questions and concerns
- To conduct outbound calls to gather customer feedback for MySol customer satisfaction surveys
- To resolve customer’s questions and concerns using a computerized system
- To forward customers’ questions and concerns to the responsible department, if the problem cannot be solved by Customer Care
- Contributing ideas for the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) of the department, especially where directly applicable to assigned tasks
- Seeking opportunities to learn and develop within Mobisol and through training
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the line management from time to time
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum experience of one year in customer service in a Call Center environment and/or in a high-call volume environment
- Experience assisting and escalating customers/clients’ issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate with many different types of people
- A person who does not give up after facing challenges
- A person eager to grow and learn
- Proven track record of going above and beyond to get the job done
- Ability to balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy, and quality at all times.
Call Center Agent Jobs at ENGIE Energy Access
- Minimum holder of a Diploma in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Fluency in Swahili and English languages with excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in using Microsoft applications, computers, and smartphones
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, that promotes diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement, or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Business Unit: GBU Flexible Gen & Retail
Division: Energy Access
Legal Entity: ENGIE MOBISOL UK Ltd, Tanzania Branch
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Job Type: Full-time
Professional Experience: Junior (experience < 3 years)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply: