Pharmacy Manager Job at Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: PHARMACY MANAGER
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Location: Nduta Camp
Defining, coordinating, and monitoring all pharmacy-related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and registration in Tanzania
- Two years, of demonstrated, experience as a pharmacist with a valid license. Experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries is desirable
- English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili is an asset.
Pharmacy Manager Job at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and Internet).
- Analytical and fast in problem-solving in matters of medical item management i.e. providing alternatives in expiries, shortages, overconsumption, and overstock.
- Good communicator and able to motivate his team to work well within the specified deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to multiple pharmacy-related tasks assigned as per the need. Pharmacy Manager
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in processes & procedures & offer solutions related to pharmacy management in general.
- Responsible & self-driven with a solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to manage and develop people
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population, including pharmacovigilance in case of need.
- Analyzing rational drug use and prescription practices.
- Defining storage, stock management, and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity, and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.) Pharmacy Manager
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within the project area, to guarantee good control and up-to-date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks, and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumption and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest, rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical materials meet MSF protocols.
- Supervising, coaching, motivating, and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Pharmacy Manager
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated with his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (Sitreps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development, and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Pharmacy Manager
- In constant collaboration with other medical team members i.e. nurses, unit managers, and mission pharmacist, supply and logistics in order management and supply chain management issues
- Participate in defining and updating the annual planning, objective setting, and prioritization for pharmacy activities
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV, and copy of relevant professional certificates no later than Tuesday, April 18th,2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “PHARMACY MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo, or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16, or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application, and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially.Pharmacy Manager Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted