A few Word About Good Neighbors
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC).
The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania, it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership, and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reports to: DOHRA Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: March-December, 2023 (10-month contract with 4-month probation, the contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance, or/and mutual agreement)
The Procurement Officer will be responsible to support procurement activities in accordance with the organization’s policy and procedures. The Procurement and Logistics Officer must be aware of and adhere to the Good Neighbors Tanzania Code of Conduct and Ethics. He/she will have a calm, friendly, and professional manner with a passion for delivery and procurement professionals. He/she will also be capable to see through a task to completion with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist DOHRA Manager on all duties relating to Procurement & Logistics as may be directed by DOHRA Manager.
- Provide technical and management support with the development of tender-related documents, guidelines, criteria, committees, etc. based on procurement policies and procedures.
- Provide technical training to the tender committee and management based on requirements and any updated procedure.
- Prepare monthly suppliers database including analysis of supplier performance and submit to line manager the first week of each month.
- Prepare long-term contracts of suppliers of goods and services with GNTZ.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the P&L team for HO, AOs, and FOs to ensure compliance, check procurement records, and identify inquiries to be resolved at the HO level and submit reports to the line manager.
- Review annual audit findings and recommendations relating to procurement and logistics issues and make a follow-up for implementation as recommended.
- Develop and/or assist in developing procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Review, develop, and set tools and systems for effective implementation and strengthening of P&L functions.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on procurement matters and implications of legislation requirements.
- Identify and facilitate a range of approaches that can be used to successfully achieve markets and deliver optimum value for money.
- Required to attend at least 3 courses every year as provided by Gn academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop
- knowledge and capacity in own work.
- Required to achieve 90% of individual annual targets and department annual targets.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or any other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in procurement, administration, and related field.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement legislations, policies, and best practices.
- Analytical skills including the ability to take analysis and price comparisons of multiple vendor quotes/bids.
- Experience in working with NGOs Experience in using e-procurement systems.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili. Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making.
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, time management and adapt to transitions.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff and suppliers.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to provide guidance and instructions to new or inexperienced staff.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 14th March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania,
P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Good Neighbors Tanzania has zero tolerance for any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. Please Click here to access and review GN Safeguarding Policy