Few Word About Job at D tree International
D tree International is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality primary healthcare in underserved areas.
Reports to: Tanzania Finance and Operations Manager and Country Director (matrix)
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Start Date: April 1 (or sooner if feasible)
RELATED: Names Call for Interviews at TCAA March 2023
Who we are
D tree International is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high-quality primary healthcare in underserved areas. We do this by working with governments to design, build and deploy digital tools for frontline health workers that improve their ability to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care.
D tree engages with governments to develop a shared vision for the potential of digital health, demonstrates the effectiveness of digital systems to improve health outcomes, and accompanies governments to scale these digital systems nationally and institutionalize them within their broader health systems.
D tree is among the most experienced digital health partners in Tanzania, having worked with the government and multiple NGO partners since 2008 on a wide range of digital health programs focused on improving the quality of healthcare delivery.
We are currently collaborating with the Tanzanian government on a digitally-enabled primary health care program in Kibaha, which has gained significant interest and is poised to strengthen a number of government digital health systems in Tanzania.
We are also engaged in an early-child development research collaboration in which we are designing digital tools to facilitate an integrated community-based ECD parenting program, and will be engaging as the digital health partner in a large-scale community health TB/HIV program.
RELATED: 3 New Sales Representatives Job at Derick Global Trading Company LTD
As our portfolio in the digital community health space continues to grow, we have an opportunity to expand our engagement with the national government to serve as a key digital health partner for strengthening primary healthcare services. This is an exciting opportunity to help deepen and expand our work and impact.
Who you are
We are seeking a Finance and Administration Officer, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to manage all aspects of the country office’s accounting and financial systems ensuring adherence to D tree policies and procedures, including proper segregation of duty, facilitating smooth operational and financial processes for D-tree’s mainland Tanzania programs, and enabling accurate and timely reporting to a range of senior internal staff as well as external stakeholders and funders.
You will work closely with department leads and the global support team and be the main accountability point person responsible for the country’s accounting, HR, and administrative tasks.
What you will do
Specific responsibilities include:
Financial and Accounting
- Execute daily mainland Tanzania accounting and financial functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payables, receivables, month-end, and quarter-end closing
- Review and ensure the correctness, completeness, and adequacy of the accounting documents. Review documentation to ensure adherence to D-tree and donor procedures including proper approvals are in place
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements for Tanzania, including consolidating the cash requests for the branch office in Zanzibar
- Ensure statutory filings for Tanzania are done on time and with accuracy
- Manage all accounts payables to ensure accuracy (including but not limited to the analysis and processing of project-specific expenses such as monthly stipends paid to Community Health Workers/Volunteers and supervisors)
- Coordinate financial matters with the global support finance team, including month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings enabling swift and accurate closing and audit readiness
- Assist global support finance team with annual audit preparation schedules (for the organization’s consolidated audit in the US; the local Tanzania audit and ad hoc program/donor reviews)
- Work closely with grant and finance colleagues as well as program managers on program budget vs actual tracking for active projects in mainland TZ
- Provide inputs for budget preparation for new business development in the country, namely on common cost drivers
- Lead and keep updated accurate and timely tracking mechanisms for all in-country accounting aspects such as: employee advance retirements and VAT reimbursements
- Perform monthly general ledger accounting reconciliations and analysis ensuring accuracy of ledger and month end reporting in accordance accounting best practices
- Manage physical and electronic inventory of supplies and equipment, in accordance with D tree and donor requirements for asset tracking, branding & marking
- Coordinate general office operations: supply and equipment purchasing, office maintenance, and tracking existing or new vendor agreements and /or leases as appropriate for operations
- Electronic and physical file management (HR, Accounting, Inventory, Consultant Contracts, Lease/Vendor Agreements)
RELATED: Grants Finance Officer Shinyanga Job at World Vision
Human Resources and Compliance
- Tanzania Payroll Management, including mainland and Zanzibar staff (preparation and submission as well as oversight for tax and statutory requirements)
- Management of benefits for Tanzania staff, (such as staff health insurance, social security and /or pension and worker’s compensation fund, life insurance, etc.)
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new staff by assisting with job postings, shortlisting candidates, scheduling and participating in interviews as relevant, and making verbal job offers in line with D-tree’s compensation framework
- Facilitate logistics of onboarding new staff in conjunction with hiring managers and HR manager – including contract execution, insurance forms, and other statutory filings as appropriate
- Maintain HR files for Tanzanian staff, including preparation of accurate staff contracts, performance reviews, and other HR-related documents in personnel files
- Stay abreast of NGO compliance for Tanzania (Mainland) in liaison with regulatory bodies as necessary.
- Support in the capacity building of staff to raise awareness of compliance requirements and support them to internalize best practices
RELATED: HR Assistant Graduate Trainee Job at TotalEnergies
The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skill set and attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related fields (such as business management, or public administration) or ACCA affiliate or equivalent.
- Three to Five years experience in an administration role, with accounting and/or financial administration responsibilities.
- Exposure to and understanding of institutional donors’ rules and regulations (such as USG and multilateral) and in-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes in relation to program funding mechanisms, procurement, compliance, and reporting
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work in a busy and dynamic environment
- Keen attention to detail and self-motivation and follow through on tasks
- Proficient in / experience in QuickBooks and/or other accounting packages.
- Proficiency in MS Office – including Word and Excel.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Swahili, and able to communicate in an international environment
- Hand-on experience and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Interactive team player, with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural work environment with colleagues of different nationalities and cultures.
- Initiative and ability to make informed independent judgments but a commitment to teamwork
26,000,000 TZS to 40,000,000 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation.
RELATED: Global Risk Management Specialist at AB InBev
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
To apply for this role please fill in the google form here. Only applicants who respond to all questions and include their CV as well as a thoughtful, tailored cover letter will be considered. Please note that by applying to this position, you consent to your name being checked against a terrorist watch list prior to an offer of employment.
RELATED: Community Engagement Officer at TAHEA
This position is open to Tanzania nationals only.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates may be interviewed before the application closing date.
Leave a Comment