Mason Job at CCBRT
Vacancy: MASON Ref: 2023-03
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as a healthcare social enterprise through development programs in the community and the most vulnerable.
Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs.
Its recently opened Maternity and Newborn Wing serves as a referral center for high-risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
In order to strengthen the Maintenance Department, we are looking for a multi-skilled Mason who can provide masonry services and assist in other maintenance services at CCBRT.
Mason Job at CCBRT
- As Mason at CCBRT, your role includes fabricating, altering, repairing, and maintaining walls, sidewalks, street curbs, floors, bathroom showers, sink counters, partitions, manholes, and other related structures or surfaces.
- Ensuring the cement mixes used in the work do not reach their setting time before being placed to their final places and curing is done to finish works.
- You determine work requirements and sequence of masonry assignments through a review of work orders, plans, or drawings.
- You prepare surfaces prior to you start your work, you lay out work using chalk lines, and levels; You lay blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings; You conduct your work as per standards and operate equipment accordingly.
Furthermore, you will participate in the incinerator and night duties conducted by the maintenance team in shift work and assist with other activities of the maintenance team.
Your qualifications and work experience
- Form 4 Certificate
- Trade test 1- IV
- Minimal 3 years of working experience in masonry or bricklaying experience;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
If you are interested and ready to work in shift work, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
How to Apply:
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment.
Please indicate job reference number: 2023 – 03| DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28th February 2023