Compliance Officer Job at EGPAF
Department: Compliance and Internal Review
Reports To: Senior Compliance and Internal Review Manager
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Project Compliance Officer Position is in charge of promoting accountable, compliant, and efficient systems and reducing the incidences of waste, fraud, misuse, and abuse. It’s also concerned with assessing EGPAF’s Tanzania’s compliance with applicable local laws and regulations; EGPAF policies and procedures (both global and Tanzania-specific); and donor requirements.
Compliance Officer Job at EGPAF
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Have an in-depth capacity to interpret policies, procedures rules, and regulations and assist staff with their comprehension of these.
- Review and ensure compliance with all local legal requirements including registration, taxes, and local labor laws.
- Identify potential areas of compliance exposure/vulnerability and assist in the development of corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues.
Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and country legal requirements, and inform the compliance manager of any significant changes.
- Perform internal reviews in all EGPAF offices and transactions ensuring compliance and adherence with Foundation and donor requirements.
- Conduct on-site financial compliance reviews including thorough reviews of financial statement accounts receivables including employee receivables, segregation of duties, documentation storage, and retention.
- Conduct random surprise checks and vendor verification reviews in all offices to ensure proper procurement procedures are being practiced and report findings.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk: assists with the development of corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues: and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar issues in the future.
- Develop and facilitate effective compliance and ethics training programs, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Assist with improving the awareness and understanding of compliance to assist employees with the establishment of a culture of compliance in each sub-office.
To be successful, you will have:
- Advance University graduate in the relevant field of study(such as Accounting or Business) with at least 3 years experience OR bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance Management, and Auditing with at least 3 years experience in audit.
- Previous auditing experience is highly desirable.
- CPAs will be preferred
Bonus points if you have:
- Ability to be a self-directed, self-motivated and efficient team player.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- In-depth knowledge of USG regulations, systems, and procedures for managing complex grant programs with several partners.
- Experience in managing donor funds and working in an International non-profit-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Knowledge of sub-grants management will be an added advantage
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact.
- We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood.
- For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting the urgent needs of pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions.
- We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence, and equity every day while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve.
- Join us in our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004.
Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded its scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB, and Family planning services in the supported regions.
Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International, and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development.
(USAID)/Tanzania Afya Yangu Northern is designed around the client–centered approaches to address gaps in HIV, TB, and Family Planning (FP) service delivery, while continuously building and transferring the capacity of local stakeholders for sustainable and country-led ownership.
USAID Afya Yangu Northern will focus intensely on direct service delivery across all regions in the early project years, ensuring that gaps in epidemic control are identified, and tailored solutions are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable populations
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential.
The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions are to be sent to the below Link:
Closing Date: January 31st, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.