Finance Officer Job at Nutrition International
Nutrition International, formerly the Micronutrient Initiative, is an international not-for-profit agency based in Canada that works to eliminate vitamin and mineral deficiencies in developing countries.
Employment Type: Project Full Time
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you.
Please consider applying for the position below.
Finance Officer Job at Nutrition International
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI)’s Africa Region Corporate Services Unit comprises a team of experts that work closely with the Country Offices in the region and HQ in Ottawa.
The primary mandate for the Corporate Services Unit is to provide leadership and support in corporate and program financial management, budget management, donor reporting, procurement, and office administration functions.
The Finance Manager in Tanzania will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager, in Tanzania, and the regional corporate team to deliver on its mandate on all finance aspects at the country level.
You are someone who has sound technical and professional knowledge of finance and accounting and has an excellent ability to accommodate new situations within the organization. You can multitask and prioritize effectively.
You are well-organized, and flexible and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a diverse office environment.
You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or another related field from a recognized university with 4 years of experience working in accounting and/or finance, particularly in a donor-funded organization or project.
3 years experience working in project office administration with a professional qualification CPA or ACCA.
Skills in financial management knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring, and accounting controls, in an international context are required. Attention to detail, competent experience in Microsoft suite, especially Excel, and ability to work under pressure.
Knowledge of Great Plains, QuickBooks, or Peachtree will be an added advantage.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of weekly batches and update of bank books, and mid-month, month end and year-end financial reports for the country office.
- Ensure there are Quarterly GL reconciliations in GP and Peach Tree and processing of TAs and ERs.
- Provide effective support to the finance Manager in preparation for annual statutory and internal audits, including preparation of draft financial statements, audit schedules, and audit support documentation as required by the auditors.
- Ensure there is accuracy in Tanzania projects and contracts information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are always kept up to date by Program Officers.
- Assist program staff in developing budgets for grant proposals and for Project Concepts Notes as well as assist the Finance Manager in preparation of annual allocated and indirect budgets, Pure Program Annual Spending Plans, and PWB package.
- Ensure effective management of cash flow by Monitoring and preparation of quarterly cash forecasts.
- Offer support in processing procurement and service bills of suppliers, consultants, and service providers.
- Finance Officer Job Vacancy at Nutrition International
What we offer
- A competitive market pay, health benefits, flexible work hours, and four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays).
- We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
- Nutrition International is an equal-opportunity employer.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment.
RELATED: Finance Associate New Job at UNHCR
Please note that all our offers are conditional and subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks. For more detailed information about the role, please click on the Job Description and click on the below link to submit your application.