Finance Associate New Job at UNHCR
Finance Associate Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Finance Associate is normally supervised by a more senior finance colleague who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance.
The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues.
The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information.
The incumbent may supervise some support staff. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
Finance Associate New Job at UNHCR
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements, and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations, and assuring the inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits, or other reasons.
- Advise and assist staff members, experts, and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims, and other financial matters, and calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
- Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to the maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level G6 – 3 years relevant experience with a High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education.
Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses Accounting Business Administration, Finance (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience Essential High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
Desirable Knowledge and work experience in MSRP Finance applications. Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures. Completion of UNHCR learning programs or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
Functional Skills FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday, and other) IT-Computer Literacy IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language
Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English. All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties.
This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
RELATED: Project Assistant Job at SolidarMed
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, supporting ongoing dialogue on these matters, and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position.
Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting, and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Finance Associate Job at UNHCR.
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
HCR Protection Learning Program – UNHCR, Information Technology – Other, Mathematics – Other, Social Sciences – Other, Statistics – Other
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration
In replacement of a staff member (Aaron Keyella) who left to take a new assignment In Kibondo effective 1st October 2022
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
How to Apply :