Systems Administrator Job at THPS
Position title: Systems Administrator
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam with 30% field travel
Purpose and Scope of Job: Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of the entire IT infrastructure including computer systems, Windows Servers, and Cloud infrastructure
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor data center health and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, and security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with IT Assistant and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Administer all network-based systems including active directory, operating systems, network-based applications, and infrastructure consisting of SQL databases, Microsoft 365, AWS,
- Microsoft Azure & Frappe cloud.
- Monitor and maintain the security of ICT infrastructure including developing organizational security procedures and running regular data checkups – setting up, deleting, and maintaining user accounts
- Secure system integrity from any breaches or viruses and play an essential role in risk mitigation planning, including creating backup plans, safeguards for data, user security policies, and identity management.
- Maintaining the integrity, performance, and efficiency of database systems including migration, design, configuration, installation, and security of the organization’s data assets.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Research upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure appropriate measures are proactively followed in response to unforeseen issues such as IT downtime or zero-day exploits.
- Analyze system logs, identify potential issues with server systems & implement/escalate recommended actions to resolve/mitigate business risk.
- Monitor system health and identify anomalous network behavior, which may include security-sensitive activities such as unauthorized network access and data transfer.
- Prepare ICT educational materials and conduct training programs to bring users up to pace with new software installations or IT system changes
- Monitoring THPS systems, providing maintenance, and troubleshooting any problems when they arise for infrastructure consisting of SQL databases, Microsoft 365, AWS, Microsoft Azure & Frappe cloud.
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Managing and updating the THPS website
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Systems Administrator at THPS
Systems Administrator Job at THPS
Qualification, Competence, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field from a recognized institution.
Possession of IT-related certifications such as ITIL, Microsoft Windows Server, and Desktop certifications, Windows Server Administration Fundamentals, Google IT Support
- Professional Certificate, MCSE, CompTIA Server+ and A+ will be considered as an added advantage
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in installation and management of ICT systems including Windows Servers, Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and internet security.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching.
- Cloud computing skills: Familiarity with cloud applications like Microsoft 365 & Azure.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools including creating scripts in programming languages
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends and software understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions fully and precisely are essential
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment & independently and meet unexpected demands
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem-solving ability
Integrity and credibility.
- Willingness to identify, implement and drive improvements.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and output drove.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum to email@example.com by September 18, 2022, with a subject line of ‘Position’ System Administrator’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply