Internal Communications Senior Manager Job at Americares
Dar es Salaam
Position Title: Senior Manager, Internal Communications, Global Work Community
Department: People and Talent
Americares is currently authorized to support remote work employees in the following locations: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington; Puerto Rico, Liberia, Tanzania, Malawi, India, Philippines, Colombia, and El Salvador.
Key Relationships: Reports to Senior Director, Global Work Community
Assignment Type: Full-time
Internal Communications Senior Manager Job at Americares
Our compensation philosophy is grounded in being competitive, equitable, and transparent.
Competitive: The salary range and benefits for this position are competitive, recognizing that our system is inclusive of various locations. We look forward to sharing the specific range and benefits when we know the remote work location of the person who will be in the role.
Equitable: We avoid negotiation within the ranges to create equity across our team because we know that salary negotiations lead to poorer outcomes for individuals from non-dominant groups and underrepresented communities.
Transparent: We construct our salaries in such a way that staff can move through the range as they grow within their level. As such, most candidates will start at the midpoint of the range with a few above or below the midpoint based on specific skill sets and experiences.
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies, and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
About the Position:
The Americares People and Talent department continuously creates, empowers, and supports the thriving global team that supports our global communities. We act as a catalyst to enable all Americares people to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of our humanitarian and public health program objectives.
Our team principles include acting as a community, learning, giving feedback generously, cultivating curiosity, sharing a vision for how we want others to feel, recognizing that we may fail but we don’t fail alone, balancing people and processes, and embedding equity.
We are seeking an experienced Internal Communications professional who will join our team to strategically execute inclusive systemic best practices that promote key components of our global work community work, including but not limited to inclusion, internal communications, and connection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a global internal communications strategy and plan
- Collaborate with all Americares locations and departments to ensure that organization initiatives, changes, and key messages are successfully communicated to and with staff
- Lead access-for-all in organizational internal communications
- Work with CEO and Chief People Officer to draft and revise organizational-wide communications
- Craft and hone an internal voice that builds on and reinforces an intentional org culture and global work community, with the supervision of the Senior Director, Global Work Community, and the leadership of the Chief People Officer
- Advise and train people managers and senior executives on key change communication and internal communications best practices
- Organize connecting, engaging, motivating, and inclusive global staff meetings
- Provide anti-bias and inclusive language content, edits, training, and support for internal communications
- Integrate systems for praise, recognition, and milestone communications among staff
- Create and enhance effective and inclusive staff feedback systems
- Work closely with the external communications team and consultants to align strategy and communication
- Research, coordinate, and implement options for access (languages and disability) during all meetings and presentations
- Organize language classes and resources for staff
- Collaborate with the other members of the Global Work Community team, as well as the overall People and Talent Team to accomplish the organization´s people strategic objectives
- Key Requirements and Competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience implementing inclusive and effective global internal communications plans
- Fluent in at least 2 of our Americares staff key languages (English, Spanish, Tagalog, Hindi, Kiswahili, Haitian Creole)
- DEI and global lens in all communication
- Advanced technology skills for global internal communication
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Excellent judgment
- Impeccable communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for our mission and services
- As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners, and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or will be traveling for work are required to be fully vaccinated (which includes a booster, when eligible) against COVID-19 unless an exemption required by law is applicable.
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org