Human Resource Manager Job at African Vegetables Company Ltd
African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL)
African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL) is a canning factory and farm in Moshi, Tanzania, owned by Dutch holding JAMAEL Food Group.
Vegetables Company Ltd.
Job Description Human Resources Manager
African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL) is a canning factory and farm in Machame, Kilimanjaro, owned by Dutch holding JAMAEL Food Group. We produce green beans in glass jars for export and are planning the production of a variety of other products in our recently added tin canning line. We are operationally supported by our sister company Baltussen in the Netherlands in various ways, including sales, labelling, and logistics & distribution. Our Quality and Financial Managers are also based in the Netherlands.
It is our mission to sustainably produce export-level quality food in Tanzania and provide local and regional access to the same standards. We believe value addition through food processing, thereby preserving nutrients and enhancing shelf life, will be a key contributing factor in improving export and local market offering.
Human Resource Manager Job at African Vegetables Company Ltd
After a production stop due to COVID-19, we resumed operations in August 2021 under new management specifically hired to enable us to grow as a company and realize our ambitions. Besides expanding our product range, we are setting up operations in line with the company mission by optimizing our operational efficiency and solidifying our social and environmental sustainability.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who combines a proven track record with fresh enthusiasm to build up a workforce and work environment that supports and enables this mission.
The overarching role of the Human Resources Manager consists of optimizing the human resources available to the company to achieve its mission while ensuring all compliance requirements are met.
This means representing company interest to employees and advocating employee interest to senior management and shareholders to ensure a productive and stable workforce. The HR Manager reports to the General Manager.
The Human Resources Manager translates company strategy into HR strategy & policy together with senior management and ensures implementation. Recruitment, retention, remuneration & benefits, learning and development are all part of the portfolio to create a conducive workplace and an effective workforce. Ensuring full compliance with Tanzanian labour laws as well as with international standards set for the company, both of its own accord and by customers, also falls under the responsibility of the Human Resources Manager.
RELATED: Brand Ambassadors Job at Wasoko
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understand company needs for the work environment and workforce, and develop appropriate HR strategy & policy to support it
- Strategy is translated into effective HR processes & meaningful systems, using defined KPIs
- These KPIs are monitored, reported, and driven on; e.g. retention, recruitment, productivity rates, sick leave, hours worked, overtime, etc.
- Monitor, report on and ensures compliance in all areas of Tanzanian labour requirements, work permits for international employees, and social certification
- Supporting management where necessary in their field to ensure all human resource needs are met
- Liaises with authorities on HR-related topics (Labour Office, NSSF, OSHA) where necessary
- Manage & secure employee files with all required documents
- Prepare Employers Warnings if assigned by the general manager
- Ensure swift and smooth work permit applications for foreign employees
- Set up compliant & effective contracts
- Leave & benefits planning & administration together with appropriate management
- Organize & facilitate Employee Performance review cycles
- Develops & monitors education plans, performance progress etc.
- Responsible for compensation fitment, payroll processing, imbalance correction
- Monitoring the market trends on salaries and wages for all levels
Employee functioning & activities
- Company confidant: listens when necessary, is discreet, and resolves conflict appropriately
- Ensures appropriate & effective communication to all employees about corporate decision-making, is in charge of communication and is responsible for keeping employees up to date on relevant issues
- Human Resource Manager Job Vacancy at African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL)
Who we are looking for
Education & experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in HRM or related
- Minimum 5 years HRM experience, of which at least 2 as end responsible for HRM including compliance
- Working knowledge of labour laws, social certification schemes
- Experience in international work environments and work permit processing
- Digitally fluent, and comfortable with HR administration
- Languages: fluent Swahili and English (written & spoken)
- Comfortable with, and effective in, getting messages across to all levels of seniority
- At ease with handling conflict gracefully
- Well-versed in using MS Office; primarily Excel, and HR administrative software
- Passionate about realizing the potential of both company & people through effective HR management
- Able to prioritize and understand long-term consequences of HR decisions in order to advise senior management
- Discreet, of the utmost personal integrity, and trustworthy
- A natural and social team worker, but able to remain neutral and objective
- Culturally sensitive
- A young, growing, and unique business environment committed to productivity and integrity where you can make a big difference
- A diverse and international team committed to the business
- A one-year contract after 3 months of probation
- Starting salary of 2 – 3 million TZS depending on suitability with performance-based increases
How to Apply
Send your resume and references, as well as a short motivation letter (max 750 words), to HR@africanvegetables.co.tz. We will send you a confirmation email and inform you of subsequent steps.
Application ends when the position is filled. Please note we will only consider applications from Tanzanian nationals