Receptionist New Job Opportunity at WWF
Reports to: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Scope of work:
The ‘Receptionist’ will be responsible for receiving and transferring/directing all the incoming calls as appropriate.
Receive and attend walking-in visitors including organizing appointments and meetings.
Receive and communicate to respective staff members the incoming mails and faxes.
S/he will also maintain a record of all relevant official contacts/mailing lists and establish a database that would facilitate quick and easy access to addresses, phone numbers, and office locations.
The position requires a person who is respectful and charming, highly disciplined, flexible and a quick learner, well organized, and always prioritizing the interest of the organization.
She/he will also support different projects in organizing conferences and meetings and coordinate logistics in those meetings.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to relevant destinations in the office and outside the office
- Take and relay messages to relevant staff and provide information to callers
- Organize and manage the Country Office Front Desk including receiving visitors, determining their business, and directing them to the relevant offices
- Organize appointments for Senior Officers as appropriate
- Keep track of the office phone use, prepare monthly summary reports, and advise on telephone bill charges
- Ensure effective functioning of office telephone lines
- Ensure posts /emails are collected from the Post Office;
- Receive, date stamp and review all incoming mails and faxes and distribute to the appropriate staff with correspondences recorded in appropriate logbooks
- Maintain proper record/contact list of staff database and of key stakeholders, partners, and WWF Offices globally for quick access
- Regularly, keep track of senior staff movements and maintain staff movement schedule, and a record of key visits and official events to facilitate better plans for appointments, meetings, and field visits as may be appropriate.
- Support staff in the flight booking through WWF Air travel agents and preparation of air travel LPO
- Receive air travel invoices and reconcile with LPO and submit to Finance office for payment process.
- Deal with queries from the public and customers and monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Manages internal conference and meeting room bookings
- Monitor movements and maintain reception and conference room assets
- Ensures the Reception area is clean and arranged in a manner that represents the office environment.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- Undertake any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Internal: Interacts regularly with field office staff, TCO Management, WWF – International, and the Network.
- External: Interacts frequently with TCO Partners and Stakeholders, Consultants, local merchants and suppliers, service providers e.g. TTCL, curriers, relevant institutional partners, and others.
- At least an Advanced Diploma in Business Administration/ Public relations coupled with Customer Care skills and/or Office management training;
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience with proven skills in managing telephone operations /switchboards for a large/busy organization.
- Experience in working with international agencies and a variety of partners/customers;
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Kiswahili are indispensable;
- Interest in working with an Environmental Management Organization.
- Should be flexible, articulate, and able to work with minimal supervision
Required skills and Competency
- The position requires a person who is respectful and charming, highly disciplined, flexible and a quick learner, well organized, and always prioritizing the interest of the organization.
- Self-discipline morally and professionally irreproachable is an essential quality of an employee.
- Able to develop good customer relations by listening to and understanding the customer’s needs and providing the right solutions.
- Presentable and respectable personality
- Able to listen carefully, ask relevant questions, organize and deliver the right information, and speak clearly and confidently using appropriate language.
- Able to successfully interact with diverse individuals.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
Receptionist New Job Opportunity at WWF
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 June 2022 at 4:30 pm.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
WWF has a principle of zero-tolerance for fraud and corruption (including kickbacks), if you encounter such an incident, a report it by sending an email to email@example.com