Intern jobs at SHDEPHA Singida Region
INTERNS (2 Positions – BOTH FROM SINGIDA REGION)
LOCATION: IRAMBA DC AND MANYONI DC
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL PROGRAM OFFICER
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 MONTHS
The Intern under SHDEPHA+ will work in collaboration with Global Fund Regional Program Officer, COB, and technical team at regional levels and community in Singida to implement the GF HIV/TB program targeting the population risk Key and Vulnerable Populations.
She/he will support the implementation of the HIV/TB prevention, testing services, Condom Programming, and Community Empowerment activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan.
She/he will play a key role in ensuring that the Community activities are conducted according to the National standards and Global Fund standard operating procedures and that beneficiaries receive quality services;
she/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators, Navigators, and mobilizers for effective and efficient implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision.
S/he will be supporting all community activities through conducting progress review meetings on a monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and health care providers.
She/he will be coordinating the case management team with health facilities and the community for a continuum of care. Also, will be responsible for monitoring Gender-based/Intimate partner Violence cases including the status of referral and linkages.
The Intern will be reporting to the Project Manager.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
A: Community Engagement
- Supporting supervising and Managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV, and Family planning)
- Support supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key populations.
- Supporting Peer (Educators mobilizers, navigators) to roll out Training among in respective communities.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community work including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing, and client referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting the formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in the working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities that include SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools, etc.
- Work in collaboration with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigators to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement-related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support establishment of the case management team in conjunction with a health facility.
- Work with project and Regional officers to facilitate community engagement training to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioral intervention to key population
- Support income-generating activities to FSW
- Establish effective work relationships with other stakeholders and R/CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psychosocial support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
C: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting;
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plan for the project to reach targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets
- Provide weekly update and monthly report to Project Coordinator.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share area of improvement.
- Working closely with the M&E Officer to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Health services Providers, Peer (educators, mobilizers, and navigators) to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the roles;
- Diploma holder in Clinical Medicine or Nursing. Bachelor’s degree or higher in medicine or nursing will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, community development, social work, or other related degree is required. A Master’s Degree in public health (MPH or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with KVP in HIV/TB at the community level
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards, and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs, and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
Well-developed computer skills.
- Proven track record working in TB/HIV interventions
- Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven with integrity
Intern jobs at SHDEPHA Singida Region
HOW TO APPLY: –
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancy, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, and the names and addresses of three referees.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on Thursday 29th June 2022 the subject line of your job application email should mention the intern position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity.
All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
SHDEPHA+ regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Qualified Candidates from Singida Region (who will work at SINGIDA DC AND MANYONI DC) will be given priority
For more information about the organization, please visit