Assistant Project Coordinator at Korea Foundation for International Healthcare
Assistant Project Coordinator
Korea Foundation for international healthcare (KOFIH) is a public agency founded in 2006 under the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea.
Based on its vision as a global partner that contributes to the advancement of healthcare, KOFIH has promoted international cooperation and upheld humanitarian values by providing government-level aid for partner countries including Tanzania, people in disaster-stricken areas across the globe, and migrant workers residing in South Korea.
KOFIH Office in Dar es Salaam was officially opened in 2017 to implement various healthcare projects although the Cooperation with Tanzania first started in 2009.
KOFIH office in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) has dedicated itself to the improvement of the healthcare system and led major projects such as the Health System Strengthening project through Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health (RMNCH) Promotion in Pwani Province and Dodoma Region, Hospital Management Technical Support Program for Muhimbili National Hospital(MNH) Mloganzila Campus, Dr. LEE Jong-wook Fellowship Program, a training program for healthcare workers to enhance their capacity which leads to contribution of achieving sustainable development goals and also training for biomedical engineers and technician for capacity enhancement of medical equipment services (CEOMETS).
Job Title: Assistant Project Coordinator
Location: Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
Position type: Full time
Organization type: Government
Application deadline: 10 June 2022
The general objective of the healthcare assistance of KOFIH is to contribute to improved maternal and neonatal health status in the target area and enhance the capacity of health service.
The assistant project coordinator will work in collaboration with the organization’s project coordinators and the team. S/he will assist in planning, coordinating, and managing project tasks and deliverables. S/he will analyze data as required and track & report project progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist project coordinators in planning and management of the project in order to achieve targets in accordance with the approved work plan and approved monitoring and evaluation performance framework
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with KOFIH – Tanzania guideline
- Support and conduct onsite field supervisions to ensure the execution of baseline, periodic, and final evaluations to monitor the progress of project activities
- Maintains program safety and security resources and helps to build staff capacity around safety and security
- Assist in the preparation of agendas for staff and technical meetings, document minutes, and disseminate accordingly.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, and linkages to other programs
- Organize, coordinate, liaise and communicate with external partners and institutions for holding workshops, seminars, and meetings and in keeping all partners informed.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Diploma in Nursing or another health-related field
- Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field is preferable.
- Experience working with an international development organization is an added advantage
- Exceptional English is written and Oral communication skills, strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to work independently, but in a consultative environment with other staff and a supervisor.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and coordination skills
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Reporting, writing, professionalism, accuracy, attention to detail, multitasking, teamwork, and discretion
- Must be computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft office package
Assistant Project Coordinator at Korea Foundation For International Healthcare
How to apply
All qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, and Nursing certificate Physically
KOFIH Tanzania Office
8th Floor JANGID PLAZA
P.O Box 10383
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
N.B Applications will only be accepted during working hours 07:30 am – 03:30 pm Monday – Friday
- Written exercises interview
- Oral/ Verbal Interview
Do not attach testimonials, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please fill in the annual salary requirements on the Cover letter