Senior Finance Officer Job Opportunity at FHI 360
Senior Finance Officer
Dar es Salaam
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research, and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Finance Officer – Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and directs service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals.
To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations.
Provide support in financial management, accounting, and record-keeping within the FHI360 /Tanzania Country Office (CO) and ensure that all functions, including those under subgrantees, are conducted in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with USAID and FHI360 policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provide financial systems control and oversight in keeping with FHI360, USAID regulations, and according to international accounting standards.
- Prepare the project’s activities pipeline reports, and review the project’s activity budgets for compliance with USAID/EpiC and FHI 360 standards.
- Review and certify petty cash transactions
- Review transactions entered in GFAS by the Finance Officers and ensure the accuracy of the code amounts entered, and the completeness of the transactions before posting.
- Prepare and review the projects, activities, and the CO fiscal year budgets in collaboration with program staff and Project Directors.
- Ensure timely closure and submission of the GFAS monthly financial reports and others including quarterly pipelines to FHI 360 Headquarters (HQ)
- Assist in communicating with the bank on all issues related to the projects and CO, including bank account balances, checkbook requests, bank statements, etc.
- Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager on CO and subgrantee audits and assist the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
- Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager during audits and assist in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
- Conduct pre-award reviews for implementing partners for qualifying recipients (primarily those exceeding the US $50,000 or others as deemed appropriate in accordance with established FHI360 procedures).
- Assist in the development of Subgrantee budgets and provide capacity-building technical assistance to their finance staff.
- Review recipient monthly financial reports (MFRs) and conduct scheduled financial review visits to the IPs
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience. MBA or CPA, ACA, or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in financial management and reporting.
- Working experience in grants management is desirable.
- Ability to develop effective work plans and priorities to meet business objectives.
- Budget development skills with multi-funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with or knowledge of donor-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures; experience with USAID preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in building an effective relationship with key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Good report writing and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others; and serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems.
- Works under minimal supervision.
Senior Finance Officer Job Opportunity at FHI 360
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates, and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.