Procurement Volunteer Job at CVPeople Tanzania
Procurement Volunteer – Dar es Salaam
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 05/27/2022
Procurement Volunteer -Dar es Salaam
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health.
We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believe that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction.
Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Classification: Regular Full-time
Assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for purchasing services. Exercises considerable judgment in making purchasing decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations.
Assists Pathfinder country-specific procurement and tender committees in accordance with existing Pathfinder and donor procurement policies
1. Supplies and Equipment Tracking and Delivery: Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the relevant managers.
Ensures timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications.
2. Procurement of Goods and Services: Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions, and creates new and updates existing bid specifications. Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines. Coordinates, assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services.
3. Bid Proposals: Assists in drafting and evaluating bid proposals; solicits and negotiates competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders and waivers of advertising.
Reviews existing office supply contracts and coordinate the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International procurement rules and best practices.
Serves on committees to evaluate sealed proposals.
4. Procurement and Sourcing: Acquired knowledge on how to source for cost-effective suppliers
5. hence save on cost, preparation of tender, and quotation documents. Ability to examine suppliers
6. before signing them up to ensure they meet the organization’s needs.
7. Supply Planning/Inventory Management: Competent in ensuring timely sourcing and delivery of goods from suppliers, preparing detailed quotations and LPOs, and making sure that the tendering process is accurate and efficient.
8. Relationship management: Skilled in interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders such as suppliers.
9. Office Management- Acquired skills in general office administration duties, interacting with clients, processing and filing correspondence, reports, and other materials, and developing and archiving and record-keeping systems.
10. Customer Management: Expert in customer relations having successfully resolved customer complaints by identifying problems and taking appropriate corrective action
Procurement Volunteer Job at CVPeople Tanzania
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
- Purchase of Commodities: Foundational knowledge of the purchase of commodities, computer hardware, and software, materials equipment, services, and/or supplies.
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Procurement Process: Advanced knowledge of the procurement process.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of purchasing applications.
- Vendor Relations Management: Ability to maintain relationships with vendors
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report writing.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor´s degree in Procurement field
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero-tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation.
Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations.
By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references.
The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application.
Electronic Applications are encouraged. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
The closing date to send your application is Friday 31st May 2022 at 05:00 pm