Research Coordinator New Job Opportunity at NIMR 2022
JOB POSITION: RESEARCH COORDINATOR (1 Post)
PROJECT TITLE: Parent App for teens Tanzania
REPORTING: The Project Investigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the PI in developing research protocols and pretesting and piloting data collection tools;
- To participate in developing the capacity of junior staff, including training of local research enumerators;
- To plan and supervise collection of all quantitative data in Mwanza and Shinyanga regions.
- To coordinate data collection in the field;
- Periodically conduct quality checks of the quantitative data;
- To collect, transmit and process data; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Research Coordinator New Job Opportunity at NIMR
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE:
- A holder of Master’s degree in one of the following specializations; Public Health, Education or Epidemiology.
- Experience in conducting digital data collection;
- Knowledge and experience in conducting randomized controlled trials are preferable;
- A practical experience in project management;
- Proven managerial, organizational and report-writing skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary research team; (viii) Ability to work in a multicultural environment; and Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One (1) year contract, which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre in Mwanza Region and regular study site visits in Shinyanga Region.
A competitive salary will be offered as per the project budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters should be written in English.
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates including forms four and six certificates.
Application letters should be attached with detailed curriculum vitae. (v) Closing date for applications is 11th March 2022.
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR),
P.O. Box 1462,