2 Field Officer Direct Job Opportunities at THPS
Job Title: – PMTCT Field Officer Direct
Reports to: – District Manager.
Location:- Pwani and Kigoma
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The Prevention from Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) Field Officer will serve as THPS focal point for activities relating to the implementation of a quality PMTCT program in the allocated Districts in the Region.
This will include capacity building of health facility staff, establishment and monitoring of support groups for the pregnant/postpartum women, HIV positive women and their families, coordination of care and treatment within facilities providing PMTCT services including standalone PMTCT sites, ensuring drugs and supplies for PMTCT services are available, support strategies to foster adherence and retention among pregnant and Lactating women enrolled in all supported sites. Development of linkages to other services, including psychosocial support groups, laboratory services, and community support services.
This position is part of a multidisciplinary, cohesive team and requires excellent communication skills and extensive travel.
2 Field Officer Direct Job Opportunities at THPS
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the District Managers and Regional teams to jointly implement the PMTCT work plan.
- Jointly with CHMT members conduct focused supportive supervision to the sites to oversee program implementation (travel up to 80 % of the time in the field) i.e. Visit every site to strengthen the program at the site through identifying gaps and collaborating with the THPS staffs and district and facility team to find solutions.
- Provide direct, onsite support to nurses and clinical officers working at RCH units in THPS supported districts to establish and strengthen services and provide ongoing mentoring and support to implement the current National PMTCT guideline
- Coordinates and monitors early infant diagnosis (EID) services for all identified HIV exposed infants and ensures results timely communicated.
- Ensures HIV viral load monitoring among HIV pregnant women in the PMTCT program
- Develop linkages between various HIV programs and community-based organizations within the region.
- Work with health facility staff and HIV positive pregnant/postpartum women to support the establishment and monitor the Psychosocial Support Groups (PSGs) for PMTCT at the facilities.
- Ensure M&E & IEC materials and job aids are available at every PMTCT site.
- Reviews and maintains a resource binder (resource mapping) of current PMTCT information for Health care worker education purposes thps and referral resources.
- Help facility staff own the data through improving preparation and make use of PMTCT monthly summary reports. Assist in data collection from the health facility if needed Reporting to specified levels.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with health facility staff delivering PMTCT services in districts.
- Working closely with CHMT ensure timely ordering, stocking and supply of PMTCT and Family planning supplies to PMTCT sites.
- Prepare and timely submit site visit reports, ensuring observed issues which need immediate intervention are communicated immediately upon return from the field.
- Conduct supportive supervision, mentorship and on the job training to all HTC & PMTCT staff in partner organizations and health facilities including identification capacity gaps and address them.
- Ensure the optimal standard of counselling is achieved by ensuring the use of national guidelines and protocols. Ensure proper documentation of activities using appropriate national HTS, PMTCT/EID data collection tools for accurate record keeping and timely reporting.
- Review partners’ reports and develop quarterly reports and submit to regional office for further proceedings.
- Work with RHMT/CHMT and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to design and implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of HTC, PMTCT and EID services
- Assist in the development of community linkages and support groups for HIV positive mothers and their families to ensure a network of quality care.
- Work closely with THPS M&E team to ensure monthly reporting of HTS, PMTCT and EID indicators.
- Write regular program reports as required by THPS regional office.
- Travel to the sites to oversee program implementation (expected to travel to the field up to 75% of the time)
- Collaborate with other THPS staff and other stakeholders to develop strategies for strengthening referrals and linkages to Care and treatment clinics and ensure the continuum of care for clients.
- Facilitate establishment/strengthening adequate outreaches or mobile HTC service whenever needed.
- In collaboration with Pharmacy and laboratory teams facilitate monitoring and supportive supervision on logistics management
- Support Health Care Providers (HCPs), Peer Educators (PE) and other relevant actors in the region to implement protocols on adherence support for pregnant and Iactating women on PMTCT Program
- Take part in design, training and distribution of relevant job aides and materials related to PMTCT, HTC.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Nursing or Adv Diploma; Degree in Medicine/Diploma in Medicine
- At least three years’ experience working in PMTCT/CCS
- Experience in LEEP services, VIA TOT, CCS, HTS and PMTCT-EID program is added advantage
- Experience in community sensitization and mobilization
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of public functions and operations in government and/or NGO services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Good intellectual and human skill capacity to engage and work with individuals with different characters
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by August 10th, 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘PMTCT Field Officer”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.