North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit four (04) Graduate Mechanical Engineers to join Underground Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Mechanical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
The Mechanical Graduates will report to the First Line Leaders. This is a one year contract role.
- Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, Diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of machines both mobile and fixed.
- To carry out preventative maintenance & repairs and provide accurate and timely feedback to the mechanical First Line Leader on conditions that may affect asset’s functionality.
- To ensure that the first line leader and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Work closely with planned maintenance department to do planning, root cause analysis, ordering and maintenance optimization to increase engineering availabilities.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of critical equipment’s.
- Contribute to the Operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore mining activities.
- Carry out tactical plan projects as designated within the maintenance section tactical plans.
- Be involvement where requested at various sites meetings.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis process.
- Report Environmental incidents and non-compliances.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to drive or operate LV and or machinery – Driver’s License.
Any practical experience in Mechanical Field would be advantageous
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili.
- Basic Mechanical Skills.
- Ability to read Maintenance / Parts Manuals.
- Ability to read and understanding of Hydraulic schematics / systems.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Able to identify components on a machine.
- Ability to work with mechanical tools.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (M).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 29th June, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through https://ift.tt/2ZlmroM