Senior Specialist General & Medical job at CRDB
Senior Specialist; General & Medical at CRDB Bank
Responsible to grow and manage Bancassurance portfolio and identified business opportunities for all lines of business within a unit responsible for retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable, profitable business operations.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily insurance sales in the respective business unit.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards including TIRA.
- Works in close coordination with different stakeholders to develop business strategy and articulate action plans to drive the focus of business towards archiving the company objectives.
- Undertakes internal and external training initiatives to expand the technical skills of Underwriters across the Banks.
- Responsible for ensuring all renewals are done on time and ensure maximum client retention while generating more leads and support in the closing of the same.
- To drive and support Zonal and Branch managements in terms of renewals and business acquisitions.
- Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotation received directly or through the Branches for compliance.
- Provides underwriting technical guidance on matters related to defining the scope of cover, development of policy terms, premium finance, the tenor of coverage etc. to Zone and branches in ensuring the achievement of the targets.
- Analyse sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing cost-effective solutions for the efficient and effective operations of the Bank
- Find new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services/products (Cross and upselling).
- Submission accurate, quality and timely business reports and use these to compile departmental reports for review by senior management and the Bank management in terms of Daily, Weekly and Monthly.
- Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients’ businesses or lives;
- Researching insurance companies policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
- Arranging specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- To participate in driving the different Insurance marketing initiatives/campaigns. This will include ad hoc activities/promotions for the branches and media.
- To steer the development of new products with the other departments.
- Oversee the process of bidding the tenders and after-sale services to corporate clients.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in any related Business subjects from the accredited higher learning institution.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the Insurance Industry with 4 years of sales experience.
- Expertise in medical and General Insurance business.
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Ability to multitask.