Project Manager Job at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) Project Manager to join North Mara Gold Mine team.
The successful candidate for this role will report to Engineering Manager and the role holder will be involved in initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/control and closure of capital and maintenance-based projects, to meet company business targets in accordance with Barrick – North Gold Mine, Capex and Opex plans while adhering to environmental, health and safety policies.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager.
Work Schedule: Rotation Status (56 days on 28 days off).
Contract Duration: 02 years
- Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance:
- Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time.
- Participate in the Management of Change process and implementation of technical initiatives.
- Ensure compliance to all Rules, Regulations/ Standards and Policies while executing tasks.
- Ensure the Maintenance team and associated contractors have all the necessary, procedures, system, work practices and equipment to work safely.
- Assessment of current and future project structures
- Assessment of current contract management structures and processes,
- Compilation of a project execution plans detailing current and future requirements with proposed timelines
- To develop solutions to engineering problems which meet or exceed project requirements
- Manage consultants and specialists
- Managing projects in multi-disciplinary environment
- Provide technical interface with equipment suppliers and contractors
- Activity and Resource planning
- Preparation of project scopes of works for multidisciplinary project tasks.
- Work with department manager or his designate in developing projects plan, budget and schedules.
- Manage cost, schedule and quality control functions.
- Participate in the projects risks analysis and assist in the development of risk management plans.
- Provide technical assistance to team members
- Work with projects team in planning and executing assigned technical projects.
- Project reports preparations and writing.
- Co-ordinate and supervise project installations, commissioning and testing.
- Develop Job records database and ensure data integrity in the system.
- Ensure purchase requisitions raised accurately and on time.
- Ensure the Technical Integrity and consistency of design output
- Manage the QA/ QC functions
- Ensure proper change management and operational readiness
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering.
- Project Management Certification will be advantageous.
- Highly numerate, with strong financial management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with at least 5 years in a Project Management Role.
- Highly proficient in Project Management principles, methods, techniques and tools.
- Work experience in large scale multidisciplinary projects in excess of USD 10,000,000.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, civil and instrumentation systems.
- Experience in developing project schedules and plans by using MS Project or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team and remain professional at all times.
- Experience in the Mining Industry will be an added advantage.
- Experience in process plant, paste backfill plant, pump stations and other fixed plant construction.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Engineering codes, standards, legislation and regulations.
- Financial and quality management.
- Tender, adjudication and awarding processes for technical and commercial.
- Broad Knowledge of All Engineering Design & Principles.Ability to adopt and work and under tight schedules.
- Verbal and written Communication skills.
- Understand technical drawings and manuals.
- Driving skills and a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com