Project Assistant Job in Kenya
Role title: Project Assistant
The Pan African
University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI),
which is hosted at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in
Nairobi, prides itself as a postgraduate hub of research and innovation
featuring a highly diverse faculty, and students are drawn from all over
Africa. PAUSTI incubation centre of Excellence will give students and
researchers a platform to develop their skills and competencies whilst putting
their theoretical knowledge into practice to create sustainable business
solutions towards a better country and by extension, the continent at large.
We are recruiting a
detail-oriented Project Assistant to support efforts at PAUSTI Incubation
Center of Excellence. The role holder will be responsible for the
administrative tasks, supporting the Project and centre manager, and ensuring
timelines are adhered to.
Project Monitoring &
- Monitor the progress of the Center’s activities;
develop and maintain records, filing and profiling systems and liaise with
the centre manager to support their progress.
- Develop drafts and contribute to final written
material including reports, summaries and syntheses of information arising
- Apply quantitative and/or qualitative research
methodologies to the collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Keep an archive for all project documents and
provide it when needed.
- Provide direct assistance to the Project Manager
on all aspects of the Center.
- Support the day-to-day work of the Center to team
members as needed (i.e. provide feedback on reports and or interviews,
draft documents, help draw out key themes from data and be able to
facilitate small-scale training sessions).
- Liaise with centre partners including PAUSTI
faculty and staff and community partners.
- Organize, attend and contribute to the Center’s
- Bachelors Degree in education, social sciences,
public administration, communication, or any related field.
- Having more than 1 year of relevant experience in
a project management or similar position is a bonus.
- Experience working effectively with and
understanding the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
- Proven skills in project management
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word,
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with
attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills; with the ability to
retrieve, organise and analyse information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to
ensure deadlines are met, with the ability to prioritise workload without
How to apply
What we offer
- A highly collaborative team environment that will
support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and
- A chance to make a social difference.
Published on 2021-04-02 22:07:00