Job Opportunity at Diageo HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company.
Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits).
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
- To support SBL in achieving its business objectives, whilst creating the capacity and building a strong winning culture within SBL.
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self-starter who can handle multiple projects with a high degree of personal integrity and ethics.
- To lead and manage the end- to-end People process and employee experience to positively impact business performance.
- Partner with the HRD to develops and achieve the people and talent plans taking into account local and regional market priorities and SBL’s resource plan as per short, medium, and long-term plans.
- Define, communicate and action specific HR program and capability requirements for SBL, embedding core frameworks and processes.
- Support leadership team and line managers on appropriate engagement and reward/recognition/retention strategies to achieve SBL’s engagement targets, and drive business performance.
- Partner with divisional leaders and external stakeholders to conduct job evaluation and grading.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Role model the Diageo Values and set standards in the area of leadership through his/her personal behavior.
- Responsible for partnering with HRD, business leaders and Human Resources colleagues to drive global agenda on inclusion and diversity, learning and employee assistance program.
- In collaboration with business leaders drive people survey action plans
- Drive employee recognition initiatives and engagement agenda at function/company level.
- Support employee engagement processes by supporting the HRD at the town halls, quarterly and trade union meetings, enabling effective negotiation and consultation with trade union representatives in regard to a range of staffing matters
- Ensure that assigned HR policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and continue to reflect both up-to-date employment law and best practice
Industrial Relations & governance
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Managing HR controls and ensure compliance to COBC, labour law and code of good practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM, industrial or organizational psychology, leadership & organizational development, business, or related field required.
- Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- Strong functional HR or people management experience.
- Experience of organizational development or good understanding of the change mechanisms and ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to influence, persuade, facilitate and build credibility at all levels within the business
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a HRBP in a reputable organization
- Leadership of team operating in complex, multi-channelled settings
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution.
Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations :