Logistics Technical Assistant – Norwegian Refugee Council
Job Identification- 85
Job Category- Logistics
Locations – Kampala, Uganda
Posting Date- 11/30/2020, 04:50 PM
Apply Before- 12/08/2020, 04:50 PM
Degree Level- Bachelor’s Degree
The Logistics Technical Assistant position is based in Kampala Uganda. This position will report to the Country Director. The Logistics Technical Assistant must posses the following requirement:
- A holder of a Diploma in procurement/logistics or equivalent.
- Possession of CIPS qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience from working as a logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of logistics systems and forms
- Previous experience from working with an NGO in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.