LATEST KENYAN JOBS AND VACANCIES: Data Analyst Job in Kenya
The African Population
and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based
international research institute committed to conducting high quality and
policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address important
development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as
education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is
to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the
region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and
improve the quality of life in Africa.
applications for a Data Analyst, in its IDRC-RECAP project.
This project aims to assess the
extent and nature of marketing of unhealthy foods to children, the gaps,
barriers and facilitators in developing and implementing nutrition related
non-communicable diseases (NR-NCDs) policies as well as legal feasibility of
policy interventions related to NR-NCDs and the economic burden of NCDs in Kenya.
- Develop the project’s pre-analysis and analysis
- Compute sample size and power calculations for the
- Data cleaning and analysis including doing all
required consistency checks for the project.
- Document data sets according to the Center’s
guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing.
- Extract data and prepare analytical files.
- Perform exploratory and advanced statistical
analysis of data.
- Participate in training of fieldworkers.
- Support the coordination and supervision of data
- Participate in the development, review and
translation of research tools, data capture and entry platforms.
- Contribute to manuscript development, literature
reviews, and technical reports and grant proposal development.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Demography,
Epidemiology, Public Health or equivalent.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using
statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (g. STATA, R softwares).
- At least 2 years working experience as a data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to
collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of
data/information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and
- Experience in GIS data analysis and/or economic
analysis will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by December 14, 2020. Only short listed
candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a
Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
African Population and Health
Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close,
off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
Published on 2020-12-01 16:13:00