5 Job Opportunities at Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc
Yetu Microfinance Bank, formerly, YOSEFO, is one of the leading microfinance institutions with over 20 years of experience in Tanzania and the only DSE Listed Microfinance Bank. Currently, Yetu Microfinance Bank has three branches and 15 outlets in six regions plus Zanzibar.
Yetu Microfinance Bank is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Position: Senior Credit Officer – Credit Administration
LOCATION: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Credit Manager
The position holder will be responsible for preparing and analyzing various reports required by the bank and other stakeholders. Carry out credit administration tasks as assigned to him/her, which include a review of credit files, preparation of offer letters, maintenance of loan facility in the core banking system, marking of overdraft limits, collation of all loan documentation, holding deposits in the lien, lodging and release of security documents and any other duties as assigned.
1. Prepare offer letters for review by the Credit Manager and other relevant signatories
2. Maintenance of loans, limits, letters of Guarantees and data entry in the core banking system
3. Perfection of proposed securities as per the approved sanction sheet actively follow up on pending matters on credit files
4. Issues instructions to service providers for land and legal charge
5. Monitor compliance of the credit policy and procedures
6. Generating loan disbursement report and batch proofing disbursed facilities to ensure they have been booked as per improved terms, i.e. amounts, interest rates, insurance repayment period, Instalment, loan in-lien, etc. and initiate corrective measures where required.
7. Ensuring that loan protection insurance premiums are collected and forwarding instructions to relevant departments/sections for placement of covers over the loan facility
8. Generate and distribute credit reports to BOT, Strategic partners and management in accurate and timely manner.
9. Perform data analysis for generating periodic reports
10. Provide strong reporting and analytical information support to management team
11. Generate periodic and ad hock reports as needed.
12. Analyze business information to identify process improvement for improving efficiency and effectiveness
13. Provide Customer support in issue trouble shooting and resolution
- University degree preferably in computer science, commerce, economics, statistics, mathematics and business administration
- Two years relevant experience and one year in similar position and preferably in financial environment
- Extensive knowledge on credit documentation in a banking environment
- Hand on experience on BR.Net is added advantage
Position: Senior Credit Officer
Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: Upcountry branches and Financial Service Centre
Number of vacant positions: 4
Supporting new and current clients on loan and credit products:
- Setting up meetings with clients to obtain information on their loan needs;
- Meeting and interviewing credit applicants in order to determine risk factors;
- Determining the most suitable loan option; and
- Providing guidance on the lending process.
Assisting the Manager, before the loan’s approval or rejection, by ensuring the client meets the requirements to obtain a loan:
- Collecting information and processing each file to the closing stage;
- Contacting other financial institutions to verify the financial background of loan applicants;
- Examining applicants’ assets and finances;
- Analyzing the applicants’ capability to repay loans by conducting a thorough assessment on creditworthiness; and
- Submitting a detailed report regarding any abnormality on the processed file.
Ensuring the repayment of approved loans and credits:
- Ensuring that all related paperwork follows regulations and standards;
- ordering appraisals to be conducted on applicants’ properties and reviewing the title insurances;
- calculating payment schedules; and
- monitoring clients in order to guarantee their timely payment and maintain portifolio at risk at maximum of 3%
Maintaining detailed records on the transactions executed daily:
- Organizing all paperwork and updating database systems; and
- keeping a thorough daily record of every activity and incidence held at the institution.
Processing, reviewing, and completing loan and credit requests:
- Verifying the documentation contained in each application; and
- submitting the application to the manager for the credit or loan’s approval or rejection.
Contributing to ongoing professional business development activities:
- Cooperating with the bank’s endeavor of achieving a gross revenue and net operating income objectives;
- working alongside colleagues to gather marketing information, statistics, and trends; and
- building and maintaining an important customer base.
- Drafting all administrative paperwork including reminders, warnings, and updates in order to inform customers on relevant financial matters on theirs accounts and their status.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal control and established policies related to loan products in order to guarantee transparency in every application processed.
- Contacting and setting up meetings with prospective and current loan clients.
- Interviewing loan applicants in order to determine and evaluate all risk factors.
- Communicating with other financial institutions to request details on clients’ creditworthiness.
- Promoting the institution’s services and assisting clients in determining the most suitable loan to meet their financial objectives and needs.
- Submitting the processed applications to the manager with the observations found in order to approve or reject the loan.
- Keeping loan files and clients’ information up-to-date by completing credit and loan documentation, preparing detailed reports, and maintaining comprehensive computerized records.
- Attend clients either in group meetings or individually
- Providing good quality of customer service according to company policies.
- Researching, gathering and analyzing data to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Staying up-to-date on applicable current regulations.
How to apply
If you fit the description, please send you application and CV to email@example.com
The application will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.