Job Opportunity at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Lamp Room Attendant
Lamp Room Attendant
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Lamp Room Attendants to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
Duration: 1 Year
- Ensure that the lamp room is maintained clean and in good condition at all times
- Issuing of cap lamps, rescue packs and gas testing equipment
- Record keeping of issuing and receiving of cap lamps, rescue packs, gas testing equipment
- Reporting of non-compliances and damages caused to equipment
- Required to do shift work
- Conduct weekly, monthly and annual stock taking for cap lamps, rescue packs and gas testing equipment
- Conduct regular inspection for expiring dates and replacement due dates
- Conduct repair for cap lamps and accessories
- Prepare hand over during shift change and when proceeding on leave
- Discuss with supervisor on how to improve service provision
- Identify, notify and/or rectify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace.
- Ensure Zero Fatality, Zero LTI and Zero MTI in the Department and that incidents are reported timely.Ensure safe work practices, all incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time, and assist with any other accident investigation when required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as you may be required by Mining Department from time to time
- Ordinary secondary education
- Trade test in electrical installation and wiring will be an added advantage
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in underground mining environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Basic computer skills
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “LAMP ROOM ATTENDANT “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th September 2020