Job Opportunity at Afroil Investment Limited – Accountant
We, Afroil Investment Limited an oil marketing company based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania fully licensed and incorporated on 23rd October 2008 is currently looking for dynamic result oriented individual to fill the following position ( Women are highly preferred).
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
To facilitate accurate and timely entry of accounting information (Data) into the Accounting system (SAP) and to ensure good corporate financial management within the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Maintaining the books of account, that is purchases documents/receipts and payment vouchers.
2. Preparing month-end standard journal entries
3. Maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger/register
4. Produce monthly payroll, when assigned
5. Cross-Training in other accounting assistant function
6. Prepare month-end bank reconciliation
7. Keep updated with current tax legislation.
8. File month-end VAT returns, SDL, PAYE, WCF, and NSSF
9. File half year and yearly P9 & P10 tax returns to TRA
10. Carry out all daily bank entries posting into the Accounting package (SAP) and Reconciliation.
11. Posting of all Petty Cash ( Head Office and all Branches
12. Ensure Telecom Transaction Entries for all branches
13. Proper records management including filling and keeping of files.
14. Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 2 -4 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Certified/Chartered Accountant with NBAA is an added advantage
- Experience with accounting software, like Tally& SAP
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Computer knowledge e.g. MS Excel, Word, internet, and Usage of various software packages.
- Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – English & Kiswahili
- Financial management knowledge.
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- General Mathematics Skills
MODE OF APPLICATION.
Interested and Qualified candidates to send their updated CVs through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The position attracts a competitive package and remuneration.