3 Job Opportunities at Amref Health Africa, Supply Chain Assistants
Supply Chain Assistants (3)
Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project has been implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October, 2020 the project will extend to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services from October 2020 in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for the project:
Position Title: Supply Chain Assistants (3)
Location: Tanga Region (2), and Simiyu Region (1).
Reports to: Supply Chain Advisor and Regional Project manager JOB SUMMARY:
The Supply chain assistant is responsible for ensuring that Project supported sites meets national standard for ARV and related commodity supply chain management. He\She will work closely with the Pharmaceutical teams at facilities including collaborating closely with District and Regional Pharmacist providing technical advice and guidance on Supply Chain and Management of Health Commodities.
- Ensures validated drug management tools (paper tool and software) are available and properly used at all Project-supported pharmacies o designing improved supply chain systems, processes and procedures for Project sites in collaboration with Supply chai
- Identify training needs for sites, Districts and regional pharmacists and facilitate trainings on good practice in pharmaceutical and supply chains management site
- Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV-related commodities at all Project-supported
- Ensure that forecasted and budgeted of HIV-related commodities including lab commodities are constantly for each single site/district.
- Providing technical assistance to site staff responsible for ordering HIV related commodities through eLMIS through accurate forecasting and ordering from the MSD regional
- Ensuring that technical procedures for procurement, distribution and dispensation are respected at all sites according to the standard operating procedures, keep track of drug flow between stores and Project supported sites and continuously update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug
- Maintain the inventory of drugs and laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both drugs stores and all of Project supported site pharmacies
- Prepare monthly, quarterly narrative reports and collecting monthly basis information about the stock at all Project supported sites districts, compile per
- Liaise with the ARV focal pharmacists and municipal counterparts on quarterly basis to address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIV/AIDS commodities and related supplies.
- Actively perform supportive supervisions to Project supported And use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate/Diploma in pharmacy, degree level in pharmacy of other Public Health background is an advantage
- 3 years of experience in Health commodities management within public and private sector (forecasting. procurement, distribution and monitoring)
- Experience in health program management as team member or other position, a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of using existing Logistics tools like eLMIS is an added
- Excellent written and oral communication, Fluency in English as working language
- Good knowledge in computer software applications such as MS Word,
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their
- Ability to train and mentor others, Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non- smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be