On behalf of Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) and Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 16 vacant posts.
1.0 TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY, (TCAA)
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority, (TCAA) was established by the enactment of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority Act 2003 Cap 80 (R.E 2006) to regulate the civil aviation industry in the United Republic of Tanzania in order to ensure effective implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as provided in the Annexes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The Authority is also responsible for economic regulation of the activities of persons and institutions providing air transport services and aeronautical airport services. In addition the Authority provides air navigation services in Tanzania.
1.0.1 AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT OFFICERS II – CUM TRAINING POST (9 TRAINEES) – RE-ADVERTISED 1.0.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree with GPA of 3.0 and above either in Air Traffic Management, Physics, Mathematics, Geography, Geographical Information System, Geomatics or Statistics from an accredited Institution. Candidate should have Passes in English and Geography subjects at Grade C or above in Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE).
1.0.3 OTHER COMPETENCIES
Candidate must have a good command of written and spoken English and computer literate. Age should not be above 25 years.
1.0.4 COURSE DETAILS FOR THE POST
- The Authority will offer Air Traffic Control course and successful candidates will be employed as Air Traffic Management Officers II;
- The fees for the course will fully be covered by TCAA;
- The course will be conducted at the Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC) in Dar es Salaam;
- The Authority will pay a token amount of daily stipend to cover for accommodation, meals and transport expenses. However, parents/guardians can top up on their own arrangements with candidates;
- The duration of the course is about one year, staggered in appropriate phases and trainees will be required to pass regular tests and examinations at the end of each phase in order to continue with the next phase;
- All candidates must undertake English Proficiency tests (For Air Traffic
Controllers) and Medical Examination as per Aviation Medical requirements; and vii. At the end of the training, the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority will employ only successful candidates.
1.0.5 LEGAL REQUIREMENT
All Selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Authority for a minimum period of three (3) years on successful completion of the training.
Female candidates and candidates from Zanzibar are highly encouraged to apply;
2.0 AERODROME AND GROUND AIDS DEVELOPMENTAL INSPECTOR – 1 POST —
2.0.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. To conduct guided safety oversight of aerodromes including certification and licensing of aerodromes; ii. To assist assessment of applications for the initial and renewal of Aerodrome certificates and licences; and
iii. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
2.0.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and registered by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer with at least 7 (Seven) years working experience in the field of pavements, buildings and structures. Age should not be above 45 years.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institutions salary TCAA.SS 9
3.0 AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION OFFICER – 3 POSTS – RE-ADVERTISED
3.0.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. To assist in accepting, processing and disseminating Flight Plans to all Air Traffic Management units designated Authorities, Search and Rescue units, including those along aircraft flight routes to destination, and alternate aerodromes according to ICAO Flight plan format;
ii. To assist in providing face to face briefing and/or facilitate self-briefing to the Aircrew on all information from aerodrome of departure to destination and alternate;
iii. To assist in transmitting over the AFTN/AMHS all accepted flight plans to relevant controlling units /organizations along aircraft flight routes to destination and alternate;
iv. To assist in coordinating with Air Traffic Management units for notification on operationally significant information that requires immediate attention by airline operators or airborne traffic;
v. To assist in preparing Pre-flight Information Bulletins (PIB) for scheduled and non-scheduled flights; and vi. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
3.0.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree either in Information Technology, Geo-informatics, Geographical Information System, Geometrics or any other related fields from an accredited Institution and a Certificate in Aeronautical Information Service, and who has successfully completed on Job Training. Age should not be above 45 years.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary TCAA.SS.7
4.0 TANZANIA FOREST SERVICES (TFS) AGENCY
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency as a semi-autonomous Government Agency was established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July 2010. TFS establishment is supported by the Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended in 2009, the National Forest and Beekeeping Policies adopted in March 1998 and administered through the Forest Act Cap 323 R. E of 2002 and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources.
TFS Headquarters is located in Dar es Salaam at Mpingo House, Ivory Room premises along Nyerere Road. TFS offices Dar es Salaam operate in seven zones as follows: Eastern (Kibaha- Kongowe in Pwani Region), Southern (Masasi Town in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Mbeya Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake (Mwanza Municipal in Mwanza Region Mbeya Region), Northern (Same Town in Kilimanjaro Region) Western (Tabora) and Central (Dodoma Municipal in Dodoma Region). The Headquarters is responsible for providing Zonal Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resource management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Agency’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
4.0.1 BEEKEEPING ASSISTANT III – 2 POSTS
4.0.2 Duty Station: TFS Zones/ Plantations 4.0.3 Reporting to: Zonal/ Plantation Manager
4.0.4 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing technical support and establish bee reserve and apiaries;
- To manage bee reserves and apiaries;
- To collect beekeeping data;
- To keep Beekeeping records; (v) To handle harmful bee swarms; and (vi) To prepare implementation report.
4.0.5 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI with certificate in Beekeeping from recognized institution. Age should not be above 45 years.
5.0 RECEPTIONIST II -1POST
5.0.1 Duty Station: TFS Headquarters
5.0.2 Reporting to: Administration Manager
5.0.3 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing support services with the agency;
- To operate Agency’s telephone/radios;
- To ensure that telephones/radio are working properly;
- To welcome guests and attend them accordingly; (v) To safeguard telephone and radios hardware; and (vi) To promptly report defects of equipment’s.
5.0.4 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI with passes in English and Kiswahili with certificate in Telephone Operator from recognized institution. Age should not be above 45 years.
6.0 GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally of an age specified in each post;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts; vi. Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
- An applicants must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should not apply;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts; xi. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania
(NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xii. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU); xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary,Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar Es Salaam.
- Deadline for application is 22nd July, 2020.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;