Job Opportunity at Vodacom, HSE & Wellbeing Senior Specialist
HSE & Wellbeing Senior Specialist
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The purpose of the Environmental Health and Safety and Wellbeing Senior Specialist is to drive the strategy of Health, Safety and Environment& Wellness strategy within Vodacom. To identify and remedy high risk areas for HSE across the business through actively promoting a culture of safety within division.
Also the HSE & Wellbeing Senior Specialist manages the delivery of services aimed at enhancing the employee experience in the area of health, safety and wellbeing, in accordance with standards and regulations, in both the physical and cultural environment and office and non-office locations. They are guided by established precedents to conduct health surveillance, testing fitness for work and biological monitoring and deliver the arrangement of workstations enabling people and things to interact efficiently and safely through assessment and control of workplace health hazards.
- Manage, implement and review annually the HSE management plans; Legal appointments, Risk Assessments; Trainings etc and ensure HSW targets and objectives are met.
- To develop and implement and maintain HSW Policies and Procedure
- To implement and monitor the HSE& Wellbeing objectives across the Business and ensure objectives and targets are achieved.
- To implement and maintain the EHS System
- Manage supplier HSE forums and upskilling sessions to inculcate HSE culture
- Manage and provide input into budgetary requirements
- Provide internal training and or toolbox talks to all staff to drive awareness.
- Conduct risks assessments and apply appropriate risk control measures related to the risk profile of each functional area.
- Conduct incident investigations and provide appropriate feedback and identify areas of improvement to ensure that each incident has been closed out
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports on timely.
- Responsible for managing and establishing sound collaborative relationships with all relevant service providers
- To ensure compliance by suppliers to company policies (Gate 1, Gate 2, Tier 2 and Road Risk assessments) as well as ensure legal compliance (OSHA)
- Provides operational support in compliance with standards, regulations and relevant international and national laws ;
- Promotes standardisation of the way Vodafone identifies, quantifies, reviews and manages risks including hazardous operating systems and processes, by applying good design principles, engineering and operating practices;
- Delivers key priorities as identified in the Health Safety and Wellbeing strategy in support of the wider Vodafone strategy;
- Implements HSW policy, structures and systems to drive safe working environments, products and services;
- Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills and influences and persuades�colleagues across functions on health safety and wellbeing issues to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations;
- Demonstrates in depth understanding across Health Safety and Wellbeing through substantial work experience and monitors and manages hazardous operating systems, engineering and operating practices ;
- Direct responsibility for planning and conducting training, as well as providing and updating relevant information to all employees through multiple communications channels;
- May provide informal guidance to junior staff;
- Actively champions and promotes a safe and healthy culture for our people at Vodafone;
- Working Environment
- Employee Experience
- Safety Culture
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY