Job Opportunity at Trias, Program assistant
Programme assistant for the programme: ‘Make It Grow! Horticulture for sustainable economic development in Zanzibar’.
A programme funded by the European Union. Reference: EuropeAid/165071/ID/ACT/TZ
Trias is a Belgian international development organization headquartered in Brussels and supporting around 100 member-based organizations of farmers and entrepreneurs in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin and Central America. Our East-Africa office, based in Arusha, is looking to recruit a programme assistant for our EU-funded programme ‘Make it grow’ which will be implemented in Zanzibar in the period 2020-2024 (4 years). The programme, which aims to strengthen the horticultural value chain in Zanzibar, is implemented by Trias and our partners TAHA (Tanzania Horticultural Association) and AHA (The Andreas Hermes Academy).
The Programme Assistant will be based in Zanzibar (Unguja) and will report to the Programme Manager.
The main responsibilities of the Programme Assistant are:
- Liaise with Trias experts and organize training for TAHA and Trias staff on the Trias gender road map methodology and coordinate its implementation.
- Support TAHA with Market System Development related activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the M&E framework and tools
- Strengthen TAHA’s capacity in M&E, especially data collection and data analysis.
- Assist with the implementation of communication interventions including awareness raising campaigns.
- Support the Programme manager with other programme related activities.
We are looking for a candidate that ideally:
- Is a Tanzanian, preferably from Zanzibar or willing to live in Zanzibar.
- Has a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Has excellent English speaking, writing, and presentation skills and speaks Kiswahili fluently. Should be capable to write flaw-less, engaging, and appealing English texts.
- Has at least 3 years’ experience in project management, preferably with international NGOs.
- Has stakeholder’s management and coordination skills.
- Hands-on experience in market development/ value chain and communication, including organizing campaigns, photography, videography, basic graphic design skills, experience with social media, dealing with media, PowerPoint, etc.
- Is passionate and knowledgeable about gender equity and inclusion.
- Has great organizational/logistical skills.
- Is service-minded, highly accountable, and team-oriented. Has great interpersonal skills, strong work ethics, and an impeccable integrity track-record.
- Promote learning and knowledge management/sharing.
Added value: Has a good network amongst relevant Zanzibari stakeholders (government, NGOs etc.).
(Note: A detailed Job description can be provided upon request.)
If you meet all the requirements, please send your CV (Max. 3 pages.) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline 31 of July 20th.
At this stage there Is no need to send references or Diplomas etc. The selection process will include an oral interview and a written test