Job Opportunity at TCRA/ITU, Junior Membership Outreach and Partnership Officer
Junior Membership Outreach and Partnership Officer
VACANCIES AT THE INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS UNION (ITU) IN GENEVA
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), is quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No. 12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, and Postal services, and management of the national frequency spectrum in the United Republic of Tanzania.
TCRA is a member of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) which is a specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs) on behalf of the United Republic of Tanzania.
TCRA wishes to inform the public on the availability of vacant positions at ITU as shown below: –
Functions: Junior Membership Outreach and Partnership Officer
Post Number: TD54/P2/373
Deadline for application: 18th August, 2020
Vacancy Notice No. 28P-2020/BDT-PDD/EXTERNAL/P2
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:
Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
Partnerships for Digital Development Department
Digital Networks & Society Department
Digital Knowledge Hub Department
The Partnerships for Digital Development Department is responsible for the development of sustainable and impactful partnerships with donors, foundations, and the private sector. It further coordinates the delivery of these resources to meet the needs of the membership in accordance with World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC) and ITU Plenipotentiary Conference (PP) outcomes. This department is also responsible for project design and support, and contributes actively to the implementation of the regional initiatives. Finally, this department is charged with defining the BDT membership strategy and for the sound management of the ICT Development Fund.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Department and the day to day supervision of the Head, Membership and Private Sector Service, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Researches and prepares briefs prior to meetings and conference calls with membership, follow-up of meetings with Sector Members to strengthen the relationship with ITU-D Sector Members, Associates and Academia.
- Participates and assists with design of data collection tools for better segmentation of membership portfolio; identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary recommendations for improvement of membership engagement.
- Maintains, updates, and revises the content of the ITU-D Membership in CRM and ITU-D website; proposes improvements and enhances the ITU-D Sector Membership website and other outreach materials. Reviews and proposes outreach opportunities for prospective new members.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, presentations, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies.
- Uses tools and platforms to identify to new prospects and prepares the outreach approach to each prospect.
- Supports the Service in the implementation of high-level platforms for Membership (such as the Industry Advisory Group for Development Issues – IAGDI, and the Private Sector Chief Regulatory Officers – CRO meeting) which includes, amongst others: developing action plan work plan, content research, and analysis and prepares recommendations.
- Carries out research and monitors the membership outreach and engagement initiatives, mainstreaming opportunities for engagement within ITU-D’s menu of products and services, projects, ITU-D Study Groups and other platforms for collaboration.
- Sustains relationships with the ITU-D membership, liaising with existing members and analyses the possible causes for membership cancellation, suspensions, and exclusions. Receives visitors and answers requests for general information by members or potential members of ITU-D, by administrations and organizations concerning matters falling within the responsibility of the Service, namely, member’s rights and obligations. Membership benefits, approval procedure and costs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change; Networking and Building Partnerships, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Knowledge and ability to manage CRM, prepare briefings and company profiles, use tools and platforms to reach out to prospects.
- University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or a related field or education in a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of the post, including at least two at the international level. An advanced degree in a related field can be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience. A doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience.
- Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at an advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
- Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
- Annual salary from $ 47, 895 + post adjustment $ 37, 598
Interested qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply online through the following ITU link: http://www.itu.int/employment/Recruitment/index.html .
Applications from women are highly encouraged.
ITU is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for application: 12 August, 2020
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O Box 474,
14414, DAR ES SALAAM.