Job Opportunity at Sightsavers, Country Director
Contract: Fixed Term Contract 24 months Hours: Full time
Sightsavers is seeking an experienced and capable Country Director who will be responsible for the overall leadership of Sightsavers operations in the Tanzania country office. This is an exciting time to join Sightsavers and the Country Director will be key to the continued success of Sightsavers objectives in Tanzania.
Through working with implementing partners, you will lead and direct the country team to manage and deliver high quality and cost effective programmes, advocacy with agencies and government, assess programmatic fundraising opportunities and research appropriate baseline data in support of programmatic development.
You will ensure the delivery of the program activities and demonstrate good governance and compliance within the financial management framework to meet funding/donor requirements. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with government agencies, donors, international agencies, media, and communities to raise the profile of Sightsavers, with the ability to advocate and influence at senior levels.
Your strong leadership skills, integrity and ability to empower your team will allow you to build on an already effective team and to grow this team by focusing on delivery; recruiting high caliber individuals and supporting them and the existing team with focused development plans to ensure successful delivery of programme objectives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Networking and influencing both within and outside the organisation
- Encourage learning and driving for continuous improvement
- Develop and use effective plans and monitoring systems to ensure appropriate use of resources
- Acts as a role model for overcoming challenges and delivering against commitments and plans. Maintains consistency and effective performance despite pressures and change
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of working within an INGO/NGO environment in a management position
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Post graduate qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Experience of project management, budget development and monitoring, and resource management
- Confident in overcoming challenges and delivering against commitments and plans
- Ability to maintain consistent and effective performance despite pressures and changes
- Able to present complex information in a manner appropriate to a varied audience
- Decision making skills
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with detail as well as the ‘big picture’
- A high level of integrity
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Closing Date: 26 July 2020
Interviews: Expected to take place the week commencing 10 August. Interviews will be conducted remotely using online software due to current travel restrictions, health and safety concerns, and for the ease and safety of candidates and staff.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing date 26 Jul 2020