Job Opportunity at Mwananchi Communications Limited, Sports Editor – Mwananchi
Sports Editor – Mwananchi
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
Sports Editor – Mwananchi (1 Posts)
To manage the day-to-day production of the sports sections of the Mwananchi ensuring conformity with editorial policy guidelines and objectives.
- Assigning and editing all sports stories in accordance the MCL house-style.
- Assigns sports reporters, correspondents and photographers to cover sports events
- Reviews the performance of sports reporters, correspondents and photographers so as to strengthen coverage.
- Attends the editorial conference and uses feedback to give direction
- Designs, layout pages and places sports stories for editing
- Gives editing instructions and supervises sub-editors to ensure that the stories are professionally subbed to the highest quality and standards within set deadlines.
- Checks the edited copy and pictures to ensure that the editing meets journalistic ethics, editorial objectives, house style and avoids libel
- And any other duty assigned by his/her supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Academic: Basic University Degree
Professional: Diploma in Journalism
Experience: At least 4 years journalistic experience some of which is under a sports desk
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://ca- reers.mcl.co.tz before July 15, 2020
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.