Job Opportunity at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT (RE-ADVERTISED)
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 1 vacantpost.
1.0 MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) started as the Dar-es-salaam Medical School in 1963. The School transformed into the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Dar-es-Salaam in 1968. The Faculty was merged with the Muhimbili hospital, to create the Muhimbili Medical Centre (MMC) in 1977. After separation from Muhimbili Hospital, the Faculty of Medicine was upgraded in 1991 through the Parliament Act. No. 9 of 1991 to become a constituent college of the University of Dar-es-Salaam known as the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS).
Over the years MUCHS made significant achievements in terms of increased students enrolment and development of several new academic programs. The Parliament Act No. 9 of 1991 that established MUCHS was repealed in 2005 through the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. Subsequently, MUHAS was established in 2007 through Article 1 of the Charter of Incorporation in line with the Universities Act No 7 of 2005.
1.1. TUTORIAL ASSISTANT – 1 POST
1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understudying senior faculty by attending Lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals where applicable.
- Study and acquire skills and knowledge in training, research, and consultancy.
- Assist in research and consultancy projects.
- Develop training proposals conducted by Senior Faculty.
- Participate in curricular development.
- Participate in the provision of services for Biomedical, Laboratory, and Clinical departments.
- Perform any other assignments and duties that may be assigned by the supervisor or Head of Department
1.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
First Degree i.e Medical Doctor (MD) or its equivalent, with a minimum GPA of 3.8 from a recognized reputable University depending on the Department being applied.
1.1.3 AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Successful candidates shall work in School of Medicine Department of Clinical Pharmacology,
Salary Scale PUTS 1.1-1.3
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years except for the cadres the age limit is specified
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/postcode, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slip;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
vi. Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
vii. An applicant must upload a recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
viii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employers;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania
(NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xii. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU); xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to
- A signed application letter should be Addressed to Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
- Application letters should be posted to the following address by 4.00 pm on 2nd August, 2020:
THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR, PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION,
MUHIMBILI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES – MUHAS,
P.O. BOX 65001,
DAR ES SALAAM.