Job Opportunity at MDH, TB Advisor
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities in Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH (Consortium partner) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the following vacancy which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
TB ADVISOR: 1 Post
Location: LINDI OFFICE
Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the planning, implementation, and M&E of TB & TB/HIV services under the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program, in her/his respective region.
- Provide oversight and lead the implementation of key TB & TB/HIV program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as accelerating facility and community-based TB case detection and management with special consideration for pediatrics, early detection and management of drug-resistant TB cases and implementation of comprehensive TB/HIV collaborative services including 3Is initiative – in line with Tanzania national guidelines.
- Actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT), supported health facilities and community structures in planning and implementation of TB & TB/HIV programs and services.
- Conduct regular need assessment, on TB & TB/HIV services provision in her/his region and organize efforts to address these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMT.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of TB & TB/HIV services data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyze and utilize TB & TB/HIV services data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in TB & TB/HIV services provision, design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the gaps identified.
- Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate program progress towards assigned targets.
- Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on TB & TB/HIV services as assigned by line manager.
- Support and advise the line manager on all TB & TB/HIV services issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
- Medical Doctor degree
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing public health programs/services.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing, implementation, and management of TB-related programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates for the above position should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees. MDH doesn’t have any agents and doesn’t charge any fees to the interested candidates. Applications should be submitted by 24th July 2020, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.