Job Opportunity at Elite Careers Tanzania – The Head of Finance
Position: The Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business. The role of the Head of Finance has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyze figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes. He will often be managing and leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting. Head of Finance is also expected to have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets. In periods of change and growth an effective Head of Finance is critical, coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
Reporting to: CEO
Our Client is a limited liability company registered in the republic of Tanzania, and was incorporated in 2000 under the Company’s Ordinance Cap 212 (Later Company’s Act No. 12 of 2002) The main objective of the company is to operate as an Investment and holding company with the mandate of guiding and assisting in managing its financial resources and properties so as to achieve maximum returns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
2. Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
3. Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
4. Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
5. Ensure that company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
6. Lead and develop finance teams. Experience in people management
7. Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
8. Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
9. Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
10. Present annual accounts to investors and shareholders
11. Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
12. Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
13. Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including Customers, Executive Board Directors and Advisors
Academic Qualifications & Experience:
1. Must be a qualified member of an accountancy body (NBAA) and a holder of CPA or equivalent qualification with the necessary certifications as well as knowledge and compliance with the regulatory framework
2. Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
3. Exceptional communication skills at all levels (Very Fluent in English and Swahili)
4. Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
5. Minimum 5 years proven previous working experience within a financial position
6. Should be able to manage big projects
7. Ability to negotiate and undertake resource mobilization on behalf of the company
The ideal candidate should display the following key skills:
1. Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
2. Strong leadership skills and experience
3. A team player, able to motivate team members and instill enthusiasm.
4. Process oriented & Results oriented, with proven success in exceeding targets
5. High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
6. Energetic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
If you qualify, kindly register and apply via link at the end of this advert , Deadline is 31st July 2020.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE