2 Government Jobs at The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) – Warehouse Management (In Charge)
The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous, or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).
The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems, and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below and work as part of a team that meets the expectations of the CPB…
Position: WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT (IN-CHARGE) (2 POSTS)
Holder of Bachelor Degree/Diploma in-store Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system Prepare annual budget
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees to Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
Method of Application
All applications must be sent by using the following address;
Director-General, Cereals and Other Produce Board,
Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
Closing date for receiving application 30th June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Released by CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD.