Job Opportunity at UMATI, Project Accountant
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Project Accountant is responsible for assisting to manage and account for day to day cash inflows and outflows, ensuring proper systems and procedures are being followed and smooth operating and achievement of accounting tasks in an efficient, effective, and accountable manner.
- Maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity, and transparency of the office in accordance with the Association’s financial guidelines, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Assist and support the Program teams in ensuring that field expenditures meet donor requirements and remain within the approved plans and budgets.
- Assistant support the Program teams in the preparation of budgets for project proposals and annual budgets.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting procedures and regulations enforcing the application of proper financial controls.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic financial reports.
- Maintain accurate and auditable financial records, in both hard and electronic format
- Liaising with the Human Resources department for the administration of payroll.
- Liaise with external auditors, government departments, banks on a regular basis.
- Attending to any other duty as may from time to time be assigned by supervisors.
The application should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
OR send the application through email via: email@example.com
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications: 5th July 2020,Midnight