Job Opportunity at TCRA/ITU, Space Planning Officer
VACANCIES AT THE INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS
UNION (ITU) IN GENEVA
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), is a quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate communications and broadcasting sectors in Tanzania, on behalf of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) a world-wide organization which brings government and industry together to coordinate the establishment and operation of global telecommunication network and services hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following posts:-
Space Planning Officer
Post Number: SG03/P3/1222
Deadline for application submission to TCRA: 29th June, 2020
Vacancy Notice No. 23P-2020/SGO/EXTERNAL/P3
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
The General Secretariat directs all the administrative and financial aspects of the Union’s activities, including the implementation of the provisions of the administrative regulations on operational questions, the dissemination of information on telecommunication matters for operational and other purposes, the provision of legal advice to the Bureaux of the Union and the departments of the General Secretariat, logistic support to the Union’s activities including conferences, the coordination of the work of the Union with other international organizations, the dissemination of information to the Member States and Sector Members, press, corporate and individual users of telecommunications and the general public. The General Secretariat is also responsible for the organization of world telecommunication exhibitions and forums.
Duties / Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head, Facilities Management, and Building Project Division, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Ensure continual oversight for, and analysis of the campus occupancy patterns to support decision making on all moves on key phases of the project (relocation and final accommodation plan).
- Coordinate and track all occupancy changes (desk swap, office layout changes) and permanently maintain precise records.
- Generate and manage headcount forecasts with extreme accuracy.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop scenarios prior to presenting recommendations for approval.
- Act as the focal point for space questions in the assigned project: manage and resolve space requests; provide test fits, blocking and stacking plans; develop sequencing plans for major relocations; maintain allocation plans, and assess the workplace conditions.
- Develop and document processes and procedures related to space planning and move execution for the client.
- Provide furniture and workplace solutions to the client achieving the requirements from the stakeholders.
- Keep track of post-move and post-occupancy surveys.
- Maintain a customer interface that allows stakeholders to validate vacancies, floorplans, and assignments.
- Coordinate with the Head, Logistics Service planning and execution of minor construction works, internal moves, furniture installations, and office relocations
- Ownership of all occupancy data.
- Provide guidance, in coordination with the Head, Logistics Service, for the execution of moves and change processes.
- Oversee related Trouble Tickets (remedy) promptly and accurately, provide timely responses, and manage overall traffic.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision Making; Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change; Planning and Organizing, and; Successful Management.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Good knowledge of FF & E vendors and building management. Very strong and proven analytical reporting and forecasting skills. Good problem-solving skills. Awareness of health and safety. Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
Advanced university degree in architecture or interior design or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above.
For internal candidates, a first university degree in one of the fields above in combination with seven years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree for promotion or rotation purposes.
At least five years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the following fields:
a) space planning,
b) project/move management, and
c) facilities planning with at least two at the international level.
A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience.
Experience in implementing flexible working strategies. Working knowledge of REVIT software, space management systems (Archibus), and relational database functionality.
Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at an advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at an intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage.
(Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
Details on duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be accessed on the ITU’s website: http://www.itu.int/emplpyment/Recruitment/index,html
Applicants for the posts are advised to state their nationality, quote the vacancy notice number, and address applications with completed ITU Personal History Form (PHF) to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than 29th June 2020 respectively. The post applied for should be clearly marked on top of the envelope.
Deadline for application submissions to TCRA: 29th June 2020
Applications from women are highly encouraged.
ITU is an equal opportunity employer
Applications should be addressed to:
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O. Box 474,
14414, DAR ES SALAAM