Job Opportunity at Project Zawadi Tanzania – Social Worker
Position: Social Worker
The Social worker will act as the primary liaison between Project Zawadi, students, schools, and families to achieve more outcomes.
General Job Description:
Project Zawadi’s mission is to partner with communities, schools, and teachers to support quality education for Tanzanian children and youth. Project Zawadi (PZ) is a small non-profit organization that provides support via three programs: Student Sponsorship, School Support (Model Schools), and Teacher Training (Tenda Teachers).
The Social worker will act as the primary liaison between Project Zawadi, students, schools, and families to achieve the following outcomes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that students feel supported, encouraged, and free to seek guidance and help from the Social worker with all of their problems, both at school and at home.
- Develop knowledge of each sponsored student, their unique strengths, hopes, goals, and challenges as well as their home situations.
- Encourage and motivate students to do their very best in school.
- Develop a strong, mutually respectful relationship with Parents/Guardians and ensure parents/guardians knows their child’s Social worker, understand their roles and place an importance on sending their children to school every day.
- Develop a strong, mutually respectful relationship with village leadership and school administrators and ensure that they understand the role of Project Zawadi.
- Support and encourage Guardian Teachers and develop a relationship where they feel free to seek guidance and help from the social worker in their duties and with any issues affecting PZ students.
- Increase awareness to students and families of various future options (academic and vocational) and help guide the selection of a path that will lead them to self-reliance.
- Maintained information in the CRM database and sponsors feel connected to their sponsored child through regular communication.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records of all work undertaken for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Compile weekly and monthly reports on all activities, indicators, case studies and lessons learned and share with the Sponsorship committee
Qualifications for the Job:
- Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, International Development, Social Science, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field.
- Experience, or demonstrable commitment towards, the implementation and monitoring of children and youth projects within an NGO environment
- Good awareness of current issues in the field of development and emergencies, with the familiarity of children and youth issues in particular.
- The position is based in Nyamuswa Village, Bunda District, Mara Region, with occasional travel to other areas of Tanzania.
Dealing with Problems:
- This position involves providing assistance and advocacy to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families
- Attempting to maximize the academic functioning of children as well as improving the family’s overall well-being.professionals may assist Children and parents address abuse. In schools, they address problems such as truancy, bad behavior, teenage pregnancy, drug use, and poor grades.
- They also advise teachers and act as liaisons between students, homes, schools, courts, protective services, and other institutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili and ability to engage in empathic communication
- Ability to maintain professional behavior with integrity in formal and informal settings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to manage priorities for multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work independently as well as participate in a team.
- Flexibility to adapt as the job changes and grows. The Counselor should be detail-oriented, organized, responsive, and able to manage priorities for multiple tasks at the same time.
Please send the application to:
Email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted no later than 01st of July 2020, Applications should include the following:
1.An updated CV with key activities including relevant work experience and qualifications.
2. Cover letter
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.