Job Opportunity at NIMR, Project Accountant
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children established by Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979.
The Institute is mandated to carry out, control, coordinate, register, monitor, evaluate and promote health research in Tanzania.
On behalf of the Director-General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Director of the NIMR Muhimbili Medical Research Centre is advertising for the post of PROJECT ACCOUNTANT.
This fulltime position shall be filled by a highly motivated and competent Tanzanian citizen on a contract basis for a period of one year with the possibility of renewal. The position is based in Dar es Salaam.
The main role of the Project Accountant is to provide operational and technical support to project operations to ensure efficient accounting functions, planning, programming, and monitoring of project activities. The Project Accountant will support the NIMR Centre Accountant in facilitating and coordinating project accounting activities.
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
An Intermediate stage Professional qualification or Postgraduate Diploma in accounting will be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
A minimum of three-year experience managing donor-funded Research Projects.
Demonstrated professional, experience in financial reporting, budget execution, and control, procurement procedures, etc.
Knowledge of Government financial management regulations.
Ability to communicate well in verbal and written English and Swahili.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in budgeting, budgetary control, and reviews of various projects.
- Facilitate and support day – to – day project operations by implementing and offering support in the financial management area.
- Regular and proper recording of financial transactions, including payments and receivables.
- Preparation of monthly projects bank reconciliations.
- Management of project impresses in terms of retirement and reconciliation of balances.
- Preparation of various project reports, and Centre’s periodic financial reports.
- Perform activities across the various accounting functions: payroll accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting as needed.
- Offering support to other Accountants and Project leaders through providing accurate and timely projects financial information and reports.
- Participate in the preparation of the Centre’s Annual financial statements.
- Perform any other related duties as will be assigned by the supervisor.
The Project Accountant will report to the Centre Accountant.
Terms of Employment
One year contract subject to renewal depending on availability of funds.
Competitive salary will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience
Mode of Application
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae, and contact information.
The deadline for application is 17thJune, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Centre Director National Institute for Medical Research Muhimbili Medical Research Centre P O Box 3436 Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org