Job Opportunity at Guide House, Demand Planning Advisor
Demand Planning Advisor
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH), and essential medicines. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity-building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Demand Planning Advisor will strive to improve the overall availability of medicines in Tanzania; provide technical expertise to demand planning and quantification, with a specific focus on reproductive health, malaria, and TB; identify and encourage the adoption of leading practices for forecasting and supply planning; mentor and build the skills of relevant stakeholders within the GoT to forecast demand, and monitor supply plans, and recommend interventions to improve commodity security.
- Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on all areas related to demand planning management including but not limited to:
- Providing expert technical assistance in the quantification of commodity needs, focusing on reproductive and child health, malaria, and TB, and advocating for best practices in forecasting and supply planning
- Preparing for and executing quantification exercises, in partnership with GoT
- Conducting forecast accuracy analyses and identifying areas of improvement
- Coaching stakeholders from the GoT to review and analyze supply chain implications of product selection and changes in testing, treatment, and care guidelines, and adjust supply plans accordingly
- Providing guidance to estimate the cost of required commodities and identifying financial resources to meet commodity financing needs
- Coaching the GoT to perform pipeline analyses and monitor in-country supply levels
- Highlighting potential supply plan challenges, and develop recommendations to address them
- Consulting with project team members based in the field to identify issues in data quality and availability, and identifying opportunities to improve data that informs quantification exercises.
- Ensure timely submissions of supply plans, PPMR, and PPMRm to GHSC-PSM
- Participate in routine communications with GHSC-PSM, and highlight issues that should be brought to national programs for decision making
- Participate in the annual work planning process and provide inputs to the operations team to budget for demand planning activities including meetings, training, and other activities
- Identify lessons learned, best practices, and success stories
- Complete and submit timely written technical and trip reports
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Higher qualification in Pharmacy, or other Public Health professions
- Experience with national quantifications for malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH)
- Data analysis and data management skills
- Advanced skills in Excel highly desirable
- Experience in and knowledge of leading practices in quantification
- Knowledge of health supply chains in Tanzania
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders to conduct forecasts and quantifications
- Experience with PipeLine, Quantimed, QuanTB preferred.
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Ability to prepare and present information related to commodity availability
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (eg.Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
- Able to travel in-country to support technical activities.
- Able to travel internationally to attend training and conferences as needed.