Job Opportunity at BRAC, Call Center Manager / System Administrator
Call Center Manager / System Administrator
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.
The ECD call center will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill the job vacancies below….
Vacancy title: Call Center Manager / System Administrator
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep call center experts aware of inbound calls, call waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Manage a team of 12ECD Child Helpline Call Centre Experts (CCEs).
- Responsible for the team’s overall performance; motivate and encourage experts through positive communication and feedback.
- Take calls that experts can’t handle (call escalation) and be available when an expert appears to need assistance.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the team and report to management, collect, compile and present the data to the Operation Manager aftereach week, events of last week, monitoring checklists, and a written performance summary of the team.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users’ encounter.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Will be responsible for the development of project solution and changes in the application including updating of forms and questionnaire
- Will be responsible for resolution, up-gradation and bug fixing of technical issues
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area,
Mikocheni P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam or through email to email@example.com with a subject capturing the position you are applying for. The application deadline is 16.06.2020.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)