Job Opportunity at African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) – Admin Assistant (Finance)
Jobs Vacancies at African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI)
African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”)
The African Trade Insurance Agency (“ATI”) is a pan-African multilateral financial institution established in 2001 by the African States. ATI was originally launched with the technical and financial support from the World Bank Group and has had more recent support from the African Development Bank. ATI has grown into a market leader for risk mitigation in Africa, establishing itself as Africa’s primary trade and investment insurer and one of Africa’s largest Development Finance Institutions with an outstanding portfolio exceeding US$6bn at year-end 2019.
ATI provides political and credit risk insurance to companies, investors, and lenders doing business in Africa. For over a decade, ATI has maintained an A rating for Financial Strength and Counterparty Credit by Standard & Poor’s, and in 2019 obtained a second A3/Stable rating from Moody’s. ATI’s membership includes the African Member States as well as a number of corporate and institutional shareholders. Besides its head office in Nairobi, ATI currently has offices in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia
Working at ATI offers unique career opportunities. Candidates are invited to apply for the following open positions below:
Position: Admin Assistant (Finance)
Under the supervision of, and reporting to the Senior Administrative & Procurement Officer, the functions and duties shall be as follows:
- Timely process and submit VAT exemption applications to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and proactively follow up on approvals of the applications
- Perform protocol/logistical functions involving the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority
- Manage files and filling room
- Manage the stores including receipt, issuance of stock items, etc.
- Assist with managing the fixed asset physical inventory
- Assist with the disposal of used/redundant assets
- Supervise the drivers
- Manage the cleaning and security of outsourced services
- Office management including minor maintenance/repair works
- Arrange for banqueting facilities during internal meetings
- Responsible for acquisition and maintenance of records of kitchen supplies
- Assist with staff relocations
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Attributes
- University Degree
- Ability to work and draft memos and letters with minimum or no supervision
- At least four years of experience working in a Multilateral Institution
- Experience in dealing with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kenya Revenue Authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Undoubted integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
How to Apply:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Application Letter (cover letter)
CV including details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
Personal History Form.PDF
Candidates are expected to be completely fluent in English therefore all applications must be submitted in English only.
Please note that once your application is submitted, ATI will only contact short-listed candidates. ATI does not accept unsolicited job applications.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilateral. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.