4 New Job Opportunities at The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) – Various Posts
KVTC is currently recruiting candidates to fill the four vacant positions in our Forest Department. Below please find a detailed job advert
The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) is a forestry company located in the Kilombero and Ulanga Districts of the Morogoro Region. The Company manages teak plantations and natural woodlands and processes timber in a factory located at Mavimba in the Ulanga District.
KVTC Currently has Four (4) vacancies for Foresters with between 3-8 years of experience:
1. 1. Plantation Manager (Foresters)– Two post
KVTC’s estates are divided into 5 working units and each working unit has a plantation manager assigned to manage the day to day operations in the unit.
1. Contractor Management
2. Inspection of Forestry Standards
3. Road Maintenance
4. Natural Woodland Protection
5. Management of forest fires (protection)
6. Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
7. Training/instructing and supervising farmworkers
8. Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
9. Ensure compliance with Government regulations and Health and safety standards
10. Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
Plantation managers are required to work independently, and the vast majority of their time is spent in the field. Note that this is not a desk or office function.
2. 2. Outgrowers Support Program Manager (Foresters) – Two posts
KVTC maintains an extensive Outgrowers program and is looking for capable foresters that can undertake management, supervision, and monitoring of Outgrowers’ plots. Ensure that Outgrowers have the necessary skills, resources, and motivation to work effectively. Establish systems and processes for tracking activities, budgets, stocks, distributions, etc. Monitoring and reporting: Monitor project activities and impact (economic, social, and environmental)
The OSP Manager will spend a large amount of his/her time in the Outgrowers’ fields and is responsible for soil testing, plus site selection, chemical applications, growth monitoring, thinning control, and pruning regimes including cleaning of the plots.
This is not a desk or office function although some degree of office work will be required.
- Applicants must have a tertiary qualification in the field of forestry or agriculture and between 3-8 years of working experience.
- Experience working in and with rural communities will be an advantage
- Experience working with teak will be an advantage
- Experience with forest certification systems such as FSC or TLTV will be an advantage
- The applicant must have a passion for forestry and the environment
- The applicant must have a driving license and be proficient in driving a motorcycle
- The applicant must be fluent in English, reading, and writing.
- The OSP Manager must have an understanding of statistics and the proven ability to collect, compile, and analyze Outgrowers’ data and present in report format for management is a necessity.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and work with modern equipment for example GPS and caliper.
- The applicant must have basic computer literacy (MS Office).
This position entails extensive fieldwork in remote areas with abundant wildlife. Only applicants willing to work under the demanding conditions normal to this type of environment should apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter and a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
HR & Administration Manager
Kilombero Valley Teak Company
P.o. Box 655,
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
The deadline for submission is the 26th of June 2020.