Job Opportunity at AUMS, Underground Diamond Driller(Geita Gold Mine, Geita)
Underground Diamond Driller (Geita Gold Mine, Geita)
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining.
AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider.
We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India.
We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business.
We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values, and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
To ensure the safe and efficient operation of drill rigs in the day to day operations, through the provision of manual tasks inclusive of monitoring & adherence to safety procedures, break down & setup of drill rigs, packing & presentation of core for delivery to client and any further tasks necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guiding employees on best work practice by ensuring safe work processes are Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- At the start of shifts, meet with supervisors & cross shift to discuss tasks that are required to be completed during the shift, noting any equipment that may be need for the tasks to be performed, including any and all PPE necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to allocated Offsider(s).
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Working knowledge of drill rig performance and capabilities, including functions of controls, gauges, warning lamps and emergency procedures.
- Ability to operate drill rigs safely and understanding all drill rig safety features (inclusive of any industry safety legislation.)
- Ability to organise and establish priorities, following up on outstanding tasks and closing out any completed works/task where necessary.
- Must be physically fit with the capability of distributing heavy drill equipment, such as drill rods.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Completed secondary school
- Reading and Writing Skills
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th May 2020, 18hr00.